Church Stretton incident I just saw on Facebook

evemccc

Visit site
Well that was a waste of 30 seconds of my life 🙄

A key part of me playing golf and as much as possible ‘millionaires golf’ is to get away from angry ‘insert your favourite pejorative’ like that in the rest of life..

D

Deleted member 31467

Well that was a waste of 30 seconds of my life 🙄

A key part of me playing golf and as much as possible ‘millionaires golf’ is to get away from angry ‘insert your favourite pejorative’ like that in the rest of life..
I bet you can't wait for your club to build a stadium hole 😂

Visit site
Must say this latest addition to the saga was interesting. 🤣

Edit: sorry I need to link it without it embedding itself as there might be some fruity language there..

Instagram Link

It’s such a bizarre story. They are talking about “Jon and Robert” in the Instagram posts in 3rd person despite the account clearly being run by one of them?

Jon is clearly a bit of an odd individual and he is getting a kick (and probs ad revenue) from the story. Just go and play golf elsewhere, the bridges have been burned.

However, I also think the behaviour from the members of the golf club is outrageous. The abuse, accusations etc just completely unacceptable.

None of them gain any credit from the story.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
It’s such a bizarre story. They are talking about “Jon and Robert” in the Instagram posts in 3rd person despite the account clearly being run by one of them?

Jon is clearly a bit of an odd individual and he is getting a kick (and probs ad revenue) from the story. Just go and play golf elsewhere, the bridges have been burned.

However, I also think the behaviour from the members of the golf club is outrageous. The abuse, accusations etc just completely unacceptable.

None of them gain any credit from the story.
Yeah of course, nobody comes out with any credit here. I don't think the police so this will presumably continue for the rest of their lives until one of them decides to stop giving a 💩 and the other side will lose interest.

Whoever they were speaking to on that previous post though, it was a ridiculous way to talk to him knowing full well that'll be posted up with everything else.

D

Deleted member 25172

Having watched an unhealthy number of videos on youtube in the last months where police in the US (mainly) have to deal with "sovereign citizens", my mind is instinctively putting these 2 gentlemen in the same bracket of people for some reason.

r0wly86

Head Pro
Visit site
Worth noting a lawyer agreed with him and the club settled out of tribunal so prob something there

not necessarily, the insurers may have worked out it is cheaper to settle than risk the potential loss and associated costs, even if they thought they had a 80% chance of winning, they perhaps worked out that the risk was not worth is as costs would be much higher than the settlement amount

happens all the time in litigation

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
This is ridiculous to be fair. Personally I don’t think I’d want to return to such a club but I can see why he’s compelled to do so. There’s plenty to say he was banned for complaining about age discrimination, he won the case and the ban was overturned. Nothing to say his lifetime membership was reinstated so suspect he could be chucked off for not paying. Also nothing to say what’s been going on over the last seven years, in the first posted video anyway.

Not the way to go on from the club though. They’ve been made out to be pathetic irrespective.

JayB

Visit site
Is it the only club in the county? I'm not sure why the individual is so keen to return o_O
I can understand why he wants to return occasionally to just play 18 holes, after all unless I've miss-understood from this thread it seems he grew up there, holds a course record etc. In his shoes I'd probably want to play every now and then as despite all the other rubbish going on he must have a few good memories of the place.

What I fail to understand but not surprised about is the reaction from the self important members like the immediate past captain :) Quite honestly, who cares who is hitting a small white ball around a field? Does it really impact you? I certainly wouldn't waste my day off to try and remove someone I didn't like.

IMHO is they all need to grow up and move on, there are far more important things in life to worry about

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
I can understand why he wants to return occasionally to just play 18 holes, after all unless I've miss-understood from this thread it seems he grew up there, holds a course record etc. In his shoes I'd probably want to play every now and then as despite all the other rubbish going on he must have a few good memories of the place.

What I fail to understand but not surprised about is the reaction from the self important members like the immediate past captain :) Quite honestly, who cares who is hitting a small white ball around a field? Does it really impact you? I certainly wouldn't waste my day off to try and remove someone I didn't like.

IMHO is they all need to grow up and move on, there are far more important things in life to worry about
Taking experiences of club gossip into account, I suspect the gossip was far more serious that what he was incorrectly banned for. Then ears switch off.

If they wanted him out they could’ve just cold shouldered him, refused to play in comps with him And not clapped him at award evenings. It would all eventually freeze him out.