Church Stretton incident I just saw on Facebook

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
It looks like they were chucked out of the club in the past and now are claiming access rights as it is National Trust land.

Might be wrong, but that’s my initial impression.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Being a tenant on National Trust land gives you the same protections as any tenant. The idiots don’t have any right of access.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Without knows full details and the actual legal position it’s hard to judge, except that It’s one of those situations where everyone comes across as being a knob.

From the video the ones not filming seemed the worst but it can't be the full story. They come across like they give golf a bad name

But we don't know why they aren't allowed to play and even if they appear a bit heavy handed if they did nothing I'm sure people would moan at the club if it's a serious thing

Edit after reading the article , even if they are in the right do you want to play there anymore? Would hardly be a nice environment

D

Deleted member 15344

Hard to make too much judgements with knowing the full story

And right now because people don’t know that the two people are coming across as a pair of 🛎️ ends

They need to highlight exactly what was the discrimination and victimisation and also why they were banned from the club

The club is a private club and they have the ability to decide who is a member or not - if they are not members they have no right to demand to pay to play

As for NT land - that doesn’t mean they are allowed to walk around it

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
This looks like a case of when two idiots meet.

There is clearly a backstory that we’re not being told.

The golf club isn’t coming across well in my opinion.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
From the video the ones not filming seemed the worst but it can't be the full story. They come across like they give golf a bad name

But we don't know why they aren't allowed to play and even if they appear a bit heavy handed if they did nothing I'm sure people would moan at the club if it's a serious thing

Edit after reading the article , even if they are in the right do you want to play there anymore? Would hardly be a nice environment
This is basically what I found hard to understand. Why would you be that desperate to play there still? Unless it was right on your doorstep and you wanted your club to be walking distance, or something like that? This is what makes me think he might not be totally innocent here - he's really continuing to grind their gears and make a point.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
I was waiting for Harry Hill to walk into view and shout, "Fight!" That was about the level.

"Its our ball and we're not going to let you play," is a situation I remember from primary school days.

I did like this line from the following article - "It is being run like a private little clique and a dictatorship," they say.

Hmmm, how not unusual.

If they are no longer members, wish to pay a green fee, the club is on very slightly unsafe ground for not allowing them to play without more reason than - we don't like you.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
I was waiting for Harry Hill to walk into view and shout, "Fight!" That was about the level.

"Its our ball and we're not going to let you play," is a situation I remember from primary school days.

I did like this line from the following article - "It is being run like a private little clique and a dictatorship," they say.

Hmmm, how not unusual.

If they are no longer members, wish to pay a green fee, the club is on very slightly unsafe ground for not allowing them to play without more reason than - we don't like you.

Bang on, sounds like he's questioned them, won the battle and their reaction is to act like this. :ROFLMAO: Imagine being so wound up about golf club politics that you drive up to the club on your day off to confront someone :ROFLMAO: absolutely mental stuff, get a life

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Love how one of them tried the "you can't play because you haven't paid!" and when he said he was happy to pay they went to "you can't pay you're banned!" Same destination by a roundabout way. :LOL:

I've just searched the course name on the forum and quite a few are familiar with it, I'm still hoping one of them pops up with some insider knowledge or backstory. ( @timd77 @Newnsy @DRW )

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Love how one of them tried the "you can't play because you haven't paid!" and when he said he was happy to pay they went to "you can't pay you're banned!" Same destination by a roundabout way. :LOL:

I've just searched the course name on the forum and quite a few are familiar with it, I'm still hoping one of them pops up with some insider knowledge or backstory. ( @timd77 @Newnsy @DRW )

Well, I have been trying to follow what’s going on and find out what the craic is. My brother in law was a member there for a year, you’d think he’d know but he doesn’t 🙄

All I did find was from the Shropshire star article on their Twitter feed, a few comments on there sounded to be from members concurring that they’re not welcome/banned for good reason. 1 tweet here: