Choice of club - heart over head - any thoughts

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Now you've fessed up, I'd agree with Homer, for what's being offered I'd go with Wimbledon Common until you know exactly what you want to do. For mine, Coombe Wood strikes me as a club with delusions of grandeur that is a little overpriced for what it offers. There are better clubs nearby with similar annual subs, although you will have to stomach a joining fee at some of them. That will start a new thread about whether or not clubs should or shouldn't charge joining fees but that's for another day.

Good luck, and don't forget your pillar box red shirt/jumper/waterproofs.

ChrisB0210

Assistant Pro
Visit site
As someone that is a member of a reasonably priced club with a shorter course than some of our "illustrious" neighbours, I'd always recommend the cheaper option, especially if the course is a good test of your golf.

Our course is is quite a tough test, as confirmed by my teaching pro when he saw one of our cards, so I find some of the away tracks to be a bit more generous for someone of my handicap and ability.

Whichever option you go for, enjoy it and I hope it all goes well.

drdel

Tour Rookie
Visit site
No brainer for me.

I'd pay the £700 so I can play when I like, 9 holes alone, any day etc, etc.

The ' membership evidence (perhaps with a handicap) from that club and '£900' left over would buy me quite a few rounds at other clubs I might just fancy now and again !

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
As someone that is a member of a reasonably priced club with a shorter course than some of our "illustrious" neighbours, I'd always recommend the cheaper option, especially if the course is a good test of your golf.

Our course is is quite a tough test, as confirmed by my teaching pro when he saw one of our cards, so I find some of the away tracks to be a bit more generous for someone of my handicap and ability.

Whichever option you go for, enjoy it and I hope it all goes well.

Anything north of Watford is reasonably priced when compared with south London :(