Cheating Is Rife i think ,

D

Deleted member 16999

Standing in while it's raining is against the rules??? Hahahaha I've heard it all now! This is nonsense, ignore it and carry on. Nothing for anyone to worry about, apart from the group trying to avoid going for a swim..
Have a read of Rule 6-8 :)

shivas irons

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Biggest cheat at our place is in his 70s, life long cheat from what I gather.

Ive given up playing in comps now cos cheatings so rife,whats the point in buying expensive equiptment,practising,trying your best for somebody to just put down whatever score they want and swear they are right and your wrong!

Marshy77

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ive given up playing in comps now cos cheatings so rife,whats the point in buying expensive equiptment,practising,trying your best for somebody to just put down whatever score they want and swear they are right and your wrong!

Surely you'd confirm the score on each hole on your round?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I never knowingly cheat because I play golf for fun and to improve, not to win competitions (chance would be a fine thing anyway!). I've not seen anyone cheating on my course either - but 99% of people handing in their cards you wouldn't have a clue if they cheated anyway? Certainly haven't seen anyone I played with cheating yet.

D

Deleted member 21258

Have a read of Rule 6-8 :)

Another rule to learn and broken by me last year:eek:

Oh well I lived and no one reported me for being a naughty boy.:ears:

Was in the last group out IIRC(me, Adam and a third party senior) in the comp and it was hail stones and we took cover under the trees until it cleared. Will go get flogged by the rule police to make up for my mister meaner :D(sorry being sarcastic:eek::eek::eek:)

D

Deleted member 16999

Was in the last group out IIRC(me, Adam and a third party senior) in the comp and it was hail stones and we took cover under the trees until it cleared. Will go get flogged by the rule police to make up for my mister meaner :D(sorry being sarcastic:eek::eek::eek:)
It's one of the rules that I agree doesn't sit comfortable with me as I've put and, in your situation I'd of done the same.
But if someone did report you or me, we'd have no excuse :thup:

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site

its misdemeanour

Done by the Rule police and the spelling police twice in one day
tough life :cheers:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Have a read of Rule 6-8

Could you not just claim you believed there was a danger of lightning, if it's absolutely hammering down? (as stated in 6-8-a-ii) It does say you have to report it though. Seems like one of those daft rules that surely isn't enforced - you take cover for ten minutes during a monsoon, how many people would then report that to their committee, justifying it that they thought lightning was on the way or something? Would anywhere here actually report someone for taking cover from rain?? That would be extraordinarily petty.

D

Deleted member 16999

Could you not just claim you believed there was a danger of lightning, if it's absolutely hammering down? (as stated in 6-8-a-ii) It does say you have to report it though. Seems like one of those daft rules that surely isn't enforced - you take cover for ten minutes during a monsoon, how many people would then report that to their committee, justifying it that they thought lightning was on the way or something? Would anywhere here actually report someone for taking cover from rain?? That would be extraordinarily petty.
You're wording it to fit your point of view though, what if it's only a shower in my opinion and a heavy downpour in yours, I play on, you don't, i accept the conditions, you're not, comps are busy enough without people stopping and starting rounds, if it's heavy enough to be classed as a monsoon I would expect the air horn to be sounded and the comp suspended or cancelled.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site

You're wording it to fit your point of view though, what if it's only a shower in my opinion and a heavy downpour in yours, I play on, you don't, i accept the conditions, you're not, comps are busy enough without people stopping and starting rounds, if it's heavy enough to be classed as a monsoon I would expect the air horn to be sounded and the comp suspended or cancelled.
Well, that's kind of what I was getting at, the statement "unless the player believes there is a danger of lightning" makes it a bit more muddy than it would have been otherwise. I'm saying even if lightning seems unlikely, they could claim they thought it was on the way and that's why they stopped. Obviously if it's just drizzle you'd expect them to play on. If they decide to take shelter though and are happy to wave people through while they do so, there's no way I would ever report someone for that. That's a live and let live thing as far as I'm concerned. As I say, would be petty to report someone because they didn't want to get soaked in the rain, in my opinion.

shivas irons

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Refuse the sign the card then?

They have even got that covered,altered cards,numbers erased,that cheating mentality will stop at nothing.Ive seen plenty of people holding up their tankards for photos for the monthly medal knowing they have cheated with group support.

virtuocity

Tour Winner
Visit site
Giving myself slightly better lies in the rough and bunkers is fine in my opinion, as it helps my overall game. Sometimes place the ball on the green slightly to the side of my marker, or a little bit in front if the spot is a little bobbly.

I'd never do it in a comp, but in a bounce game, day out with pals or a forum meet, I think the above is more than permissible.

G

guest100718

Giving myself slightly better lies in the rough and bunkers is fine in my opinion, as it helps my overall game. Sometimes place the ball on the green slightly to the side of my marker, or a little bit in front if the spot is a little bobbly.

I'd never do it in a comp, but in a bounce game, day out with pals or a forum meet, I think the above is more than permissible.

Where's that landing net .. ; )