Cheating Is Rife i think ,

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
One of my old friends is a member of a well known 'Royal' club.
He is in his 70's but refuses to play in the Seniors section competitions as he says half of them cheat at every opportunity and the other half turn a blind eye.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
There seem to be a few sad people on here who don't appear to have the courage of their convictions.

Hear it all the time, people accusing others of cheating behind their backs, if their cheating, have the gonads and report it.

shivas irons

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
There seem to be a few sad people on here who don't appear to have the courage of their convictions.

Hear it all the time, people accusing others of cheating behind their backs, if their cheating, have the gonads and report it.

Believe me that has been done many a time but its very hard to report when they are all from the same group,theres not a lot can be done.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site

Reported him as both me and my pp saw it happen, the secretary gave him a slap on the wrist and "don't do it again".

LincolnShep

Head Pro
Visit site
Can genuinely (and happily) say I've never seen anyone cheat, but I'm only in my third year of club membership. I've seen rule-breaking but only through ignorance, not a deliberate attempt to gain an advantage.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Can genuinely (and happily) say I've never seen anyone cheat, but I'm only in my third year of club membership. I've seen rule-breaking but only through ignorance, not a deliberate attempt to gain an advantage.

Seen plenty of it over the years sadly ranging from the "ignorance" where they didn't know any better or the relevant rule (and were educated accordingly, but hopefully tactfully) to the blatant.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
And what did you do about the blatant

It's varied. In competitions I've called it and either added the penalty or have refused to sign a card and reported it to the HC secretary. I've had times when I've consulted a PP who hasn't seen it and a player adamant he didn't do anything. Again reported it. There was one guy at my old club I refused to play with as he was a known cheat (and I'd seen him do it). Fortunately not had a problem at my current club