Cheap help please

Evesdad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Well I've got my annual day out in eight weeks and need to improve on a budget, intact a very small non existent budget. My ball striking although not great before has deserted me, driver is in the naughty corner, pitching can be erratic, chipping and putting I'm quite happy with.

My question is what is the best way to get my game improved? I really can't afford a lesson this month so that's out what are my options? I can practise chipping in the garden and putting at course. Now we have a driving range at my track it's one of the collect yourself after ones but I don't want to just ingrain more bad habits. If I can get the irons working I will be more than happy!!

I came bottom last year by a long way and don't Wang the humiliation again!! All ideas welcome!

Evesdad

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm holiday for two weeks!! I'm starting to panic abit really I suppose, my game has improved ten fold from last time when I get hold of it it's great, nice flight and direction but then I'll mess up the next two and then hit another great one etc!! I've dropped the driver and hitting hybrid off the tee now it's straight and only 20-30 yds shorter on average.

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
If you have a camera you can record video on I'd be happy to meet up and help. I can put them on here (well, Youtube) too.

Evesdad

Tour Winner
Visit site
No need to panic,Like you say ,you know you can hit it decent,so have a positve attitude when you go and play,take your time on shots,and remember,its keeping the ball in play...

That was why I dropped the driver, I played our 4th a dog leg par 5 the best ever a 2 x 5i a fluffed pitch, another proper pitch 2 putts so could easily of been a par which would of been a first for me! One worry is the Warwickshire is a long course and no driver could put me out of contention just aiming to finish mid table out of the twelve of us, or not bottom!!

MizunoGreyhound

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Get injured doing something else and not play for a couple of weeks. Come back having forgotten all your bad habits, and "beware the injured golfer". ;)

Worked for Kaymer. Not suggesting you go to those lengths though

Evesdad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Well it got worse at the weekend as played my first comp and shot worst round in ages!! I rang the assistant pro who teaches my daughter and twisted his arm to have a look at me and try to sort me out! Also getting him to film me so I can post it up for you to all cringe at!! Roll on Wednesday night!

Evesdad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Well I had a quick session with my daughters pro tonight after his shift at the range. Not the revelation of my lesson earlier in the year but non the less very useful. I've started my release too early like a foot or so which is making my body lean away from the target and my right hand flick at the ball to make an impact hence getting shots all over the place!! Hit a couple of drills to get the feel of impact abit like a large chip shot! Helped but my body was definatley fighting the changes! Also my right hand was a bit strong. My alignment was good as was most of my set up so one less thing to worry about.!!

Just as we were finishing I remembered my camera so got a couple of clips taken one behind and one face on but had no balls left but will try and get them posted up, bobmac I may need to call on your services for this!!

Thanks again to you all for your support and comments.