CHARTHAM PARK (WEST SUSSEX) THURSDAY 16th SEPTEMBER

ADB

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
A great day and one that I really enjoyed - thanks Smiffy for the organisation.

Had a great round with Auburn Warrior, JustOne and Lefty and having never been to a Forum meet before was made to feel very welcome. We all had our moments and the standard of golf was very high with James playing great golf especially on the back 9.

AW has a great swing and I am sure will not be 10 handicapped for long, and Leftie put us to shame on the front nine - even stopping a wedge on its fifth bounce

I think I may take on the new 'lite' forum name 'Snappy' as per JustOne's previous post. However, having a driving average of 30 yards and still returning 32 points gave me hope - just need to get rid of the tee demons :( :( :D

Couldn't have wished for better company and it is fantastic to meet a few of the people you recognise only from their forum name. I would urge anyone to go to one of these if they get the chance.

I saw Smiffy's drive on 15, lets just say the fairway yardage markers were 'extra' useful on this ocassion
:)

Look forward to the next one. :D

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Just joshing Smiffy, it was a thing of beauty :)

Near on 400 yards in 2 I reckon

That's impressive. :)

On the other hand Smiffy, I wasn't impressed by the pic you took of Lefty and co.
Bang out of order and totally heightest.
By the way, is Lefty pleased to see you or were there women around?

Leftie.jpg

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
A big thanks to all the forum members for making me feel very welcome on my first outing.

What can I say? The course and company were first class and made for a very enjoyble day. I must admit I was absolutely bricking it stood there on the first tee surrounded by all these GM legends. After a shaky start managed to claw back some respectability and walked off the 18th knowing that I left waaaaay too many putts out there, as did Pieman and Craphacker. 3 putting was the the theme of the day unfortunately.

Pieman was pretty solid hitting most greens in regulation, Craphacker was also steady of the tee (although he had all the members bounce to himself in our group!!). :D

All in all a great crack and look forward to the next one.

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
I must admit I was absolutely bricking it stood there on the first tee surrounded by all these GM legends.

You have to be over 150yrs old to be a legend, so Leftie is the only one that qualifies! :D

Was good to see you there Sawtooth, hopefully the first of many.

Pants

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
You have to be over 150yrs old to be a legend, so Leftie is the only one that qualifies! :D

Looking at the phoho of Leftie, it seems that he is a legend in his own lunchbox :eek: :eek:

He's also wearing well for his advanced years.

:D :D