CHARTHAM PARK (WEST SUSSEX) THURSDAY 16th SEPTEMBER

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
have a good day. wish i was playing i really like the back 9
looking forward to match report
shagster ;)

Don't worry, I can tell you now.... Smiffy got 24pts :D

I'd be as chuffed as Monkeys if I got 24 points on the back 9 James. I appreciate your faith in me
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Weather is looking good this morning. The high winds from yesterday appear to have dropped which is good.
Spoke to Luke at Chartham Park yesterday to confirm final numbers (15) and he said the course was in terrific condition. Greens were hollow tined about two weeks ago and have come back really well, probably the best they have been all year.
Safe journeys to everybody. I'll see you there about 10'ish.
Rob

AuburnWarrior

Tour Winner
Visit site
OK, here goes.......

I turned up at 9 and bought a bacon and sausage baguette with a latte. I didn't realise we got a bacon butty and coffee included with our green fee! :rolleyes: Note to self: read posts fully before setting off. :D

I was slightly annoyed though, no-one told me it was fancy dress! Smiffy won though, he turned up as Barry Gibb from the BeeGees! :p

The course was in superb condition. The tee boxes and fairways were lush and well manicured. The greens were in excellent condition - true and well paced.

I played with Leftie, SnapHookedWedge and JustOne. Leftie started well - 21 points after 9 then fell away. JustOne started OK - 18 points after 9, 1 over par for the back nine - 37 points in total.

A lovely day spent with three good golfers. Lovely blokes as well.

Thanks very much Smiffy for organising - much appreciated.

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Another vote of thanks to Craphacker, sorry, Smiffy, for organising another great day out.

Good company, good weather, good course and some great golf. Steady front 9 by JustOne and super back 9 dropping just 1 shot on the last. Why he decided to chip onto that sprinkler head, I'll never know.

Going to try to set up a link to a few piccies....

DSCF0045.jpg

DSCF0047.jpg

Zoom in on Smiffy's strides - you can just make out his thong (Yukkk!)

DSCF0048.jpg

Ray, Greg, Euan, Alan - Smiffy's "friends"

DSCF0050.jpg

Pieman, Sawtooth, Craphacker

DSCF0051.jpg

Snaphookwedge, Auburn Warrior, JustOne, Leftie

DSCF0052.jpg

Medwayjon, Smiffy, Bratty

DSCF0053.jpg

Proud to use "old men's" clubs

D

Deleted member 1418

Another great day perfectly organised by 'CrapSmiffy'!! Agree with AW's comments - course was in great nick and will definitely go back and play again.

Many thanks to Craphacker and Sawtooth for their company - we may not have been troubling the top honours, but we had a very enjoyable game. Look forward to having your company again in the future.

Ended up having a cheeky nine holes with Bratty and JustOne which ended up just being a continuation of the Cooden stupidness! Cheers again guys.

Till the next time.......

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
have a good day. wish i was playing i really like the back 9
looking forward to match report
shagster ;)

Don't worry, I can tell you now.... Smiffy got 26pts :D

Fixed! :D

Nice pics Roger, makes a change for someone to take some snaps.

Had a really nice round with AuburnWarrior, Leftie and 'snaphookeddriver' :D

AuburnWarrior hits a decent ball, Snappy hits a decent 3-off the tee :D :D :D

Shot a modest score with some pretty lame shots thrown in... no pictures on the feckin' scorecard so I don't care :D

(Note to self: More practice required you knob!)

Apparently as we had played so well the club secretary personally invited Bratty, Pieman and Myself to a few extra holes, we couldn't resist so played until it got dark! :D

You guys make me LARF! Stupidity finds a new level :D

All in all it was a really good day, if you missed out - tough-titties! Put your name down next time.

Thanks for organising it CrapSmiffy, another top-drawer day.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Thoroughly enjoyable day. Played some good shots, played some crapola shots. Couldn't hit an iron at all on the front 9, picked it up a bit on the back but by then the damage to the scorecard was done.
Thoroughly enjoyed the company of Bratty, MedwayJon and Pasty from the GolfMagic site. He shot 1 under and it was a pleasure to watch him stroking the ball around. 2 bogies on the front 9 but 3 birdies on the back did the trick.
One highlight for me was nearly birdieing my "nemesis" hole at Chartham, the 17th short par 3. I have never, ever, played this hole well even when I've been playing really well and been putting a good score together. I usually walk off with bogie at best, more than likely blob the bloody thing. Hit a nice 7 iron (should have been an 8 but I just wanted to get on the green) to about 8 feet and just missed out on the 2, left myself a gimme for the 3. Those 2 points were 2 of the most welcome I have ever scored.
Nice to meet Sawtooth and Snaphookedwedge for the first time, thanks for coming along lads and hopefully you'll make some other events.
Glad everyone enjoyed it.

medwayjon

Tour Winner
www.snodhurstcarsales.co.uk
Absolutely great day out for me and really glad to be back in the fold.

Found it difficult playing to any great standard but 25 points was good enough for me after such a long lay-off.

Hit some good drives, a couple of good iron shots plus some good chips/pitches. Putting was generally shite outside of 5ft with me having a mare in terms of judging pace.

Great company though, thanks fellas, and it was amazing to see pasty produce a -1 gross on that course, great to see the game played like that.

Big thanks to smiffy for the loan of the gokart, genuinely is seriously appreciated.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Looked fun.
Work. Not fun.

On the other hand I have had a cracking idea of how to solve the design I am working on, so not a day wasted after all. Just need to get it out of my head and onto my computer.

CrapHacker

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Hey Murph, is it just me or, (apart from Bratty), did the clothing look a little bland in the clour department? :D :D

Sofistikated is the word you are looking for.

You might get that sort of dress sense down in Kent, but Sussex is much, MUCH posher.

Thanks as always to Rob - organised it and made sure he scored crap, just to make the rest of us feel better. What a hero. ( NB it was much better organised than the one I tried earlier in the year. Note to self - come up with the ideas, and then delegate to the people with talent )

Also thanks to Paul and Shaun ( or is that Sean :D ) Although the scores were close, you could just see the potential these guys had to hit a score on their day. Their company was fantastic, and I almost forgot how frustrating this game is because I was enjoying myself so much.

To anyone who hasn't been on one of these days. Just do it. Great company, great day. Sod the quality of the golf. :D

CrapHacker

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Sod the quality of the golf. :D

It doesn't quite trip off the tongue so easily when you have scored 26 points, had 3 blobs and lost about half a dozen brand new balls

Only two lost balls, and only had 2 blobs, I think

But 7 three putts were pretty demoralising.

That, and the two chips and two putts from 10 yards off the 15th green.

:(

But the K15 showed some signs of learning to behave itself.

:p

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Just goes to show what a stupid bloody game this is.
On Sunday, I couldn't putt to save my life. Missed so many short putts that basically cost me and my partner a win.
Yesterday? Putted quite well, only one three putt and that was on the last when to be honest, I couldn't have really cared less. The damage had been done.
Sunday? Mullering my irons. Yesterday? Absolute crap.
If it's not one thing, it's another.
You don't get that with fishing

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I thought the clothes were a bit muted too. No sense of style, some people.

I also thought it a bit odd that Leftie waited for someone to be bending over before photographing them, twice. Composition mate, composition.

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
Hey Murph, is it just me or, (apart from Bratty), did the clothing look a little bland in the clour department? :D :D
Rickg, I wasn't sure they'd be bright enough for you! ;)

Cracking day, so many thanks to Rob. Thanks also to the rest of my 4-ball for a great day out, and to Pieman and JustOne for sneaking out for a few (13!) extra holes. Putting in moonlight is odd to say the least!

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Cracking day, so many thanks to Rob. Thanks also to the rest of my 4-ball for a great day out, and to Pieman and JustOne for sneaking out for a few (13!) extra holes. Putting in moonlight is odd to say the least!

Tell 'em about my drive up 15 Bratty.
Not the two I mis-hit down 6, but the mahoosive one I powered past the pro up 15 mate
;) ;)

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site

Tell 'em about my drive up 15 Bratty.
Not the two I mis-hit down 6, but the mahoosive one I powered past the pro up 15 mate
;) ;)

Don't think I remember that one, Smiffy! ;)
Just kidding, it was a great, great drive, mate - split the bunkers and stayed on the fairway too... out the screws and out your shoes! :D