GM Summer meeting at Chartham Park GC, West Sussex???

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
How does THURSDAY 16th JULY sound?

As mentioned above, I will keep an eye on the Belfry date, and if it looks like the two meets are going to clash I will re-negotiate a date with Chartham Park and put this back to August.

Interested Players so far....

1 SMIFFY
2 HTL
3 MEDWAYJON
4 MIDNIGHT
5 GB72
6 IMURG
7 HOMER
8 LEFTIE
9 GOLFMMAD
10 MURPH
11 HARRY MONK
12 MARKWARNE

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I should be in then Rob

Good to hear Jon.
If anybody wants a link to the course it's here....
http://www.theclubcompany.com/clubs/Chartham-Park/courseBrowser/index.html

If I've done it properly, clicking on a hole number should give you some information about it.
As I say, nice parkland course (par72) with water coming in to play on a few holes, always very well manicured and not too difficult for the higher handicappers, but still giving a fair test of golf to the "better" player.
I'll try to organise a nearest the pin comp on the 3rd and a longest drive on the 10th with some prizes for 1st, 2nd & 3rd.

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
How does THURSDAY 16th JULY sound?

That's the one Thursday in July that I might not be able to make :mad:.

I've already put my name up for selection that day for a vet's friendly at The Addington and a club match at Lamberhurst. Both venues obviously attract a large number of applicants but the odds are that I will get selected for one of them.

Unfortunately I won't know 'till a week or two before. If it is the best date for everybody else then go ahead with it and if I am free, I will be a late entry.

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
I should be in then Rob

Good to hear Jon.
If anybody wants a link to the course it's here....
http://www.theclubcompany.com/clubs/Chartham-Park/courseBrowser/index.html

If I've done it properly, clicking on a hole number should give you some information about it.
As I say, nice parkland course (par72) with water coming in to play on a few holes, always very well manicured and not too difficult for the higher handicappers, but still giving a fair test of golf to the "better" player.
I'll try to organise a nearest the pin comp on the 3rd and a longest drive on the 10th with some prizes for 1st, 2nd & 3rd.

16th July ok for me Smiffy. Just looked at the course card from your link, thanks, water on a few holes! Not too difficult for the highier handicapper! Understatements I think, ha ha! We all like a challenge.

Looking forward to it, and of course meeting everybody.

Golfmmad.

HarryMonk

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Not sure Rob I will check next week, I just have a feeling I'm the only manager in that week. I will check Tuesday and get back to you.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Is the 16th definitely confirmed? How much is it

Errr....the 16th was looking favourite Homer but there are quite a number of people now who can't make the date.
I may well have to think again...

Cost of the day is £45.00 which will include coffee & bacon roll on arrival, 9 holes in the morning followed by a "light lunch" and 18 holes in the afternoon.
Not a bad price considering it will be the middle of Summer!
I will have to do some re-jigging on the date though I think.
Rob

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Any news Smiffy on the revised dates?
Thanks,
Golfmmad.

I will have a chat with Carley next week to see which dates are still available, obviously now that the Belfry date has been confirmed I can steer clear of that to give people the chance of attending this one.
The 16th has now gone anyway....Carley was off for a couple of days last week and somebody else booked another society in that day during her absence!
Will let you know as soon as I have sorted something out.
Rob

Edit. Just had a look at the dates that were initially offered to me. How does July 9th sound?????

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
July 9th no good for me Smiffy. Going to Cornwall on the 10th July for a 4 day golf break. Don't think HID will stand me going on a golf awayday the day before a 4 day golf break :D

If it suits everybody else go for it,then I'll hopefully make the next one. Disappointing, but can't be helped.

Golfmmad.