Changing putter grips to Superstroke

Bamberdele2.0

Visit site
Noticed lots of people use the superstroke grips and I have decided to jump on the bandwagon.

My putter came with a sink fit skinny pistol grip and I’m now changing to a Flasto 3.0 which should be ready by the weekend.

I haven’t even tested any but have had a good look at the 1.0 and the 2.0 on the shelves and have decided to chance it with the 3.0 which had to be ordered in.

Anyone been in a similar boat share any insight with these grips?

Canary Kid

Assistant Pro
Visit site
A second hand putter I bought had a Flatso grip, not sure which one, but I couldn’t get on with it as the shape didn’t sit comfortably in my hands. However, grips are such a personal thing, so you can only go with what suits you.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I went from the thin, standard ones to a Superstroke Mid-Slim 2.0 and it feels weird when I try other putters
Most I know who have switched haven't switched back.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Have had a flatso on most putters since 2014. I find the flatso helps me keep the face square and the 3.0 keeps the hands locked, I’ve tried skinny flatso non superstroke brand and not been a fan

I also find the lettering usefull for ensuring the hands are in the same place, one of my thumb pads sits in the whole of the pee so very consistent.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It is a love or dislike them type of thing.

I never like anything above midsize personally.

Surely something I would try on a borrowed putter before switching on one that is owned.

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Like everything else in golf, grips are just another way of getting you to part with your money.
I think its fine to buy them as a style item because you like the colour or have fallen for a brand's marketing. As long as there is no expectation of improved putting, and just bought for what they are, like novelty socks or whatever, then you wont be disappointed.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 23270

Personally I wouldn't change without trying one first, very different feel to standard grips. Surely trying one from the pro shop first would have been a smarter option?

Bamberdele2.0

Visit site
^ won a voucher for AG which I’ve been meaning to use for a while so I’m not out of pocket. They said they would keep the old grip for me as well so if it doesn’t improve my game I can switch back. No biggie.

Rush of blood to the head, trial and error etc. Call it what you want however I am convinced this new grip will shave off a minimum of 3 putting strokes per round ?

Bamberdele2.0

Visit site
I think its fine to buy them as a style item because you like the colour or have fallen for a brand's marketing. As long as there is no expectation of improved putting, and just bought for what they are, like novelty socks or whatever, then you wont be disappointed.

Comparing it to novelty socks tho

?

RichA

Visit site
I've tried all the types of putter specific grips and don't get on with them. I like my thumbs at 11 and 1 o'clock so the flat ones are all a bit awkward. Currently enjoying the feel that I get just using a midsize iron grip with a nice texture.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
^ won a voucher for AG which I’ve been meaning to use for a while so I’m not out of pocket. They said they would keep the old grip for me as well so if it doesn’t improve my game I can switch back. No biggie.

Rush of blood to the head, trial and error etc. Call it what you want however I am convinced this new grip will shave off a minimum of 3 putting strokes per round ?

Putting is all about confidence and feel, if you feel comfy and it makes you more confident then crack on ?

Springveldt

Visit site
be warned about fat sized putter grips.....judging long putts is extremely difficult (for me anyway)
Opposite for me, my pace control has become much better since switching to one. I've got a Traxion Tour 3.0 and the first thing I noticed was I was getting the ball to the hole and past it on longer putts for the first time in ages instead of leaving them miles short.

I don't think I could go back to a standard grip, my putting has improved dramatically this season. Maybe the grip, maybe a confidence thing or some other thing. It just feels to me like the putter is more stable and has given me loads more confidence. My ShotScope stats back this up.

Captain_Black.

Visit site
First & foremost you must like the putter
I use a 3.0 Superstroke fitted to a Scotty Cameron GoLo
I recently swapped to a Taylormade Spider EX also fitted with a 3.0 Superstroke.
I'm really struggling to get any feeling on the longer putts due to the softer face.
Shorter putts are fine.
But, everything I go back to my Scotty it just feels great & confidence inspiring.
Probably going to sell the Spider.