Centre shafted putters

C

CannyFifer

did a wee bit of research and looking for a bit advice. all my missed putts go left whether from 3 feet or 30 feet. would a centre shafted putter help any, i think I have a straight back and through stroke. cheers guys.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Centre shafted putters suit a straight through straight back stroke. Most centre shafted putters are face balanced.

Most heel shafted putters have, to varying degrees, toe hang, and suit a closing door stroke. If you try a SBST with a heel shafted putter, you may pull the ball.

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
did a wee bit of research and looking for a bit advice. all my missed putts go left whether from 3 feet or 30 feet. would a centre shafted putter help any, i think I have a straight back and through stroke. cheers guys.

Firstly I'd get someone to check your alignment. Secondly I'd get someone to check your shoulder alignment which may be aiming slightly left.

C

CannyFifer

Bought a benross center shaft today after hitting about 50 balls on an indoor mat. liked the feel of it and the ones I missed went right but a good few went in the hole. I'll give it a go and flog it if I dont like it. Cheers for the comments, appreciated. ;)

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
If you try a SBST with a heel shafted putter, you may pull the ball.
I'm sure thats what I do mate.

That is because heel shafted putters are toe heavy so the face tends to close during the swing. The amount of 'toe hang' varies between models, and top players will get one fitted to their stroke. Face balanced putters are easier to keep square.

C

CannyFifer

this is the one i got, hopefully will help
pure_red_moi_olympic_putter.jpg