Central heating not working, need help please

noble78

Head Pro
Visit site
That faint humming will be the pump, so it's more than likely the fan, coz if the fan was going then that noise would last for a few minutes, might just need the 4 screws undoing on the casing and giving it a little kick start, sometimes It won't work though and needs replacing which is a common fault with these

D

Deleted member 1740

There's no sign of any spark, just darkness and a faint humming noise which goes off a few seconds after the hot tap is turned off

Sounds like a fan fault to me Bob, probably just stuck and with a bit of .wd40 on it, that should help.

You could undo the 4 screws and take the combustion cover off and spray the fan with wd40.

Failing that call a gas safe registered engineer.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Sounds like a fan fault to me Bob, probably just stuck and with a bit of .wd40 on it, that should help.

You could undo the 4 screws and take the combustion cover off and spray the fan with wd40.

I've just checked the fan with the help of Noble78 :) and the fan is spinning freely when pushed but stops shortly afterwards. So it sounds like a new fan.
Noble is going to pick up a fan on Tuesday or wednesday and come and fit it for me and we'll then spend an hour or 2 on the range.
Don't you just love the forum. :D

bigslice

Tour Winner
Visit site

brilliant advice!!!!! take the combustion cover off!!!!!! only a gas safe engineer should do this:angry: