Drayton Central Heating Thermostat

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
For any Heating Engineer on here…Help Please.

I have a Drayton RF701/22092 CH thermostat. It recently fell on the floor and pinged open, clipped it back together and all good. Except yesterday I noticed a CR 2032 battery was rattling around inside the case…I didn’t spot it coming loose when it fell. The thermostat seems to be working fine…and though I can see from Youtube video where the battery sits I cant find any way to fix it…plus…if the thermostat is working fine then what’s that battery for?

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The battery is to keep the memory store working correctly including the date when you change the AA batteries or they run out.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Ok…that makes sense…but I can’t see how it was connected to board…

Found that vid before asking (y) and from it I can see, or make a good guesstimate, at where it should sit, but I can’t see how it will have been connected. Maybe three tiny spots of solder that broke when the thermostat fell on our quarry tile floor from 6ft up, but there’s no evidence of any solder.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Ah - the solder holding the spring club has come apart as the clip plus battery have come away together. If I understand what you say it’s only backup and it not being connected won’t impact its day2daynworkimg.