Central heating Help

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Calling Stu (or other knowledgeable souls)

We have an oil boiler that fires our central heating system, trvs on the rads and a Hive that supposedly controls the schedule. I say supposedly as the last 3 days its stopped turning the system off when it reaches the desired temperature and randomly turning it on when it it is already above the desired temperature at other times.

Anything I can do to self fix whilst waiting on the plumber if he ever turns up. google couldnt help

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Calling Stu (or other knowledgeable souls)

We have an oil boiler that fires our central heating system, trvs on the rads and a Hive that supposedly controls the schedule. I say supposedly as the last 3 days its stopped turning the system off when it reaches the desired temperature and randomly turning it on when it it is already above the desired temperature at other times.

Anything I can do to self fix whilst waiting on the plumber if he ever turns up. google couldnt help

Have you checked on the app if the hive thermostat is talking to the hub?

Boiler side no clue @Stuart_C is the man but tech wise with hive check that's working in the correct mode etc

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

That's communicating with the boiler then, and I'm guessing the boiler is set as "on" and not in timer mode on the boiler? So that hive had complete control?

Might be worth tweeting hive help this could be entirely a software issue

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Not sure how helpful this is but our old house was on an oil fired boiler (this was pre-nest so just an old fashioned controller) and we had an issue where the boiler wouldn't fire up (needed manual start) and then once fired up wouldn't shut down even if at temp.

Turned out that the thermostat controller inside the boiler had gone. It was an ACV unit and was apparently a common fault after a while. New thermostat was around £100 plus fitting.

D

Deleted member 1740

Sounds like a controls issue. Get a hammer and smash the hive up ?

D

Deleted member 1740

Cheers mate :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Send me the bill ;)

You can either link out the stat and run the boiler on its own stat or try a factory reset/update on the Hive.

i’ll include both lots of advice in 1 invoice ?

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
You can either link out the stat and run the boiler on its own stat or try a factory reset/update on the Hive.

i’ll include both lots of advice in 1 invoice ?

Tried the Hive reset already with no joy :( Will wait on the plumber to come and sort it then I guess.

Now to phone Barclays for a mortgage extension to pay the advice bill ;)