Celebs who’ve passed

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Stan Bowles has gone, mind you , bit of a miracle he made it this far 😢
One of my favourite players. Saw him play for Carlisle against Spurs in the FA Cup. Easily the best player on the pitch, and scored a stunning goal. Shocking he only won five England caps, though it was in an era of work rate over skill.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
When I lived in West London in the 70's Loftus Road was the place to be every other Saturday afternoon. QPR was a brilliant attacking team led by the incomparable Stan Bowles. RIP.

Captained by Gerry Francis. Surprised he didn’t get more England caps…

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
One of my favourite players. Saw him play for Carlisle against Spurs in the FA Cup. Easily the best player on the pitch, and scored a stunning goal. Shocking he only won five England caps, though it was in an era of work rate over skill.
Met him once when I was a boy. Dad took me to watch the Arsenal at QPR, after the game we left the ground and my old man and his mate went into a pub over the road, being about 10 I had to wait outside. Whilst I was waiting, Stan Bowles came out of the pub with Pat Jennings, I managed to get his autograph on the programme, he was top drawer in those days. Would have been about 1975, Pat Jennings wasn’t at Arsenal yet, he was still at that other mob so didn’t ask for his autograph 😁🫣😵

Red devil

Visit site
Some great players in the 70's who didn't get the caps their skills deserved.
The aforementioned Bowles, Alan Hudson, Tony Currie, Frank Worthington and Duncan Mackenzie being among others.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Some great players in the 70's who didn't get the caps their skills deserved.
The aforementioned Bowles, Alan Hudson, Tony Currie, Frank Worthington and Duncan Mackenzie being among others.
You forgot Rodney Marsh, who wore the number 10 shirt at QPR before Bowles. Some similarities between them as well.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
You forgot Rodney Marsh, who wore the number 10 shirt at QPR before Bowles. Some similarities between them as well.
Bowles took Rodney Marsh's number 10 shirt. Showed the confidence in his own ability. I think QPR voted Bowles their best ever player ? When he played for Carlisle he was banned from every bookies by the manager. Stan was not great with money, but what a left foot.

He had what I think all great players have, balance.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Bowles took Rodney Marsh's number 10 shirt. Showed the confidence in his own ability. I think QPR voted Bowles their best ever player ? When he played for Carlisle he was banned from every bookies by the manager. Stan was not great with money, but what a left foot.

He had what I think all great players have, balance.
So true.
All the aforementioned Bowles, Marsh, Hudson, Currie, Worthington and Mackenzie. If you had turned up and paid to see a game with any one of these playing, you knew there was a good chance that you would see something amazing. Because they had all grown up trying to be as good as George Best.

Red devil

Visit site
I saw all of them. The cap count is hard to fathom.
Same here. Worthington's story of why he failed his medical at Liverpool is a belter.
Sent to Majorca to bring his blood pressure down. Frank's idea of relaxation was, "Seven days of carousing, which involved two Swedish blondes, a night with Miss Great Britain, a casual encounter at the airport with a woman whose name he didn’t catch and a girl from Belgium "
Sent his blood pressure through the roof. Shankley cancelled the move