Carly Booth

Capella

Journeyman Pro
blog.jutta-jordans.de
Is it going to be an ongoing arrangement

No, it was a one off. At least that's what Andy claims. He says he is a teaching pro first and foremost and wants to keep it that way. (I doubt any other type of "ongoing arrangement" as well, btw. AFAIK he has a very nice girlfriend who moved to Dubai with him and I don't think he would put that at risk)

Sports_Fanatic

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I don't get the sense that Carly ever stopped grinding to make a golf career, just that she couldn't keep the 2012 form and lost a few bits in her swing.

The LET doesn't provide a full career unless you're at the top and even then I think there is a strain given the costs of being a pro. Pushing social media, model/promotional activities has to be the correct way where available to maximise chances. Taking a day off to promote, may then allow first class travel to Aus which has got to help for example if you're playing that week.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Her modelling and social media career will always outweigh her Euro winnings, I actually admire her for maximising the opportunity while she can.

Her fitness range while her athletic body matches the “ image “ should also contribute to the pension pot. No one wants fitness attire modelled by someone who’s assets have been beaten by gravity.

User20204

Visit site
Indeed, hats off to her, though still not sure about the Saudi connection but of course she should maximise her career, though I'd hasten a guess that if it wasn't for her social media she'd be a more successful golfer.

Capella

Journeyman Pro
blog.jutta-jordans.de
Indeed, hats off to her, though still not sure about the Saudi connection but of course she should maximise her career, though I'd hasten a guess that if it wasn't for her social media she'd be a more successful golfer.

Maybe, but I don't think she would enjoy that much, even if she could bring in a few more wins that way. Not everyone wants to play on the PGA/LPGA tour full schedule without doing anything else. Also, every athlete knows that their career is always at risk and a relativly harmless accident can cause an injury that ends it all. So having other options is always great. Michelle Wie took some time away from golf to get a college degree, for example. Would she have been more successfull in golf if she had not done that and spent that time on the course/range instead? Yeah, maybe. But it was her choice that she wanted something else. I think, with Carly it is similar. I don't think she would be satisfied if she only concentrated on practicing and playing.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Maybe, but I don't think she would enjoy that much, even if she could bring in a few more wins that way. Not everyone wants to play on the PGA/LPGA tour full schedule without doing anything else. Also, every athlete knows that their career is always at risk and a relativly harmless accident can cause an injury that ends it all. So having other options is always great. Michelle Wie took some time away from golf to get a college degree, for example. Would she have been more successfull in golf if she had not done that and spent that time on the course/range instead? Yeah, maybe. But it was her choice that she wanted something else. I think, with Carly it is similar. I don't think she would be satisfied if she only concentrated on practicing and playing.

Carly does though. She attempted to qualify last year and didn't get in. She was offered some starts on the Symetra Tour but turned that down. As she didn't qualify she has no option but to make money elsewhere, the LET doesn't provide anywhere near enough playing opportunities to earn a decent living.

Glad to see she's won again, working with Robert Rock has clearly had a positive impact.

User20204

Visit site

Getting a college degree isn't quite the same as spending all your time on Instagram now is it, and as stated above, she tried to get her LPGA card but wasn't good enough. She isn't known as party girl for no reason.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Getting a college degree isn't quite the same as spending all your time on Instagram now is it, and as stated above, she tried to get her LPGA card but wasn't good enough. She isn't known as party girl for no reason.

Even better for her then

A young girl who enjoys the young girl life with a decent income via multiple routes, good girl!