Carly Booth

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I know we’re all entitled to an opinion but that’s got to be one of the worst takes for quite some time.

On the sponsorship front, I’ve always assumed that quite a few would be minimal cash but free stuff. So free leased car for example to look like your living it up, but without the finance in the bank.

To be fair to Parsaregood, he did say that CB "was" better than GH rather than "is" better.

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
I'd take carly booths ability any day shes a powerful player for a lady, still only in her mid 20's. If she keeps at it her day will come and she works hard, I've no doubt all her early promise will be realised at some point or another

D

Deleted member 15344

I'd take carly booths ability any day shes a powerful player for a lady, still only in her mid 20's. If she keeps at it her day will come and she works hard, I've no doubt all her early promise will be realised at some point or another

Have you actually looked at her results since 2012 ? 3 top 10’s that’s it in 7 tears - she is still there because of endorsements she gets because of her looks.

Just like that Paige lady - they more famous for how they look on Instagram as opposed to their performances on the course

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Have you actually looked at her results since 2012 ? 3 top 10’s that’s it in 7 tears - she is still there because of endorsements she gets because of her looks.

Just like that Paige lady - they more famous for how they look on Instagram as opposed to their performances on the course

So what? It’s more depressing that it’s the best way to make a decent wage because the prize money is less because it’s been a mans world so long..

Look at someone like mike Lorenzo vela. Very average euro tour player but I bet he makes more than some of the top ladies. So if they are almost the same level are him in their respective fields but can’t make enough they just seeing a way to make themselves some money

Who actually cares? Hats off to Carly and Paige 👌

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
So what? It’s more depressing that it’s the best way to make a decent wage because the prize money is less because it’s been a mans world so long..

Look at someone like mike Lorenzo vela. Very average euro tour player but I bet he makes more than some of the top ladies. So if they are almost the same level are him in their respective fields but can’t make enough they just seeing a way to make themselves some money

I’ve got no issues with people earning a wage however they see fit, but if they’re are going to use their bodies to earn money, I find the argument that their talent warrants more rather pointless. They’ve not back their own talents to provide enough, so why should anyone else?

My main issue here is that in sport it’s all supply and demand. Being fair shouldn’t come into the equation in regards to pay. Men’s golf is more popular so the trickle down effect means less talented men will earn more than female counterparts. The same in almost all sports.

User20204

Visit site
I'm actually staggered that some think she's a top let player, stats say otherwise and those that believe her golfing ability has got her where she is are deluded in the extreme.

D

Deleted member 15344

I’m pretty sure you have missed the point completely

People like Booth and Paige are making money from their looks not because the prize money in Ladies Golf is small it’s because they don’t play well enough to earn the decent money which is available for the ladies if they are good enough

If a man had the equivalent results as Booth did last year they would lose their place on tour

Yes the ladies tour prize money is smaller - but the better golfers are still able to forge good lucrative careers from it

Same aren’t good enough but will use their looks to keep the earnings up - Booth and Paige two perfect examples, they might as well be called Instagram models as opposed to Pro Golfers

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I’m pretty sure you have missed the point completely

People like Booth and Paige are making money from their looks not because the prize money in Ladies Golf is small it’s because they don’t play well enough to earn the decent money which is available for the ladies if they are good enough

If a man had the equivalent results as Booth did last year they would lose their place on tour

Yes the ladies tour prize money is smaller - but the better golfers are still able to forge good lucrative careers from it

Same aren’t good enough but will use their looks to keep the earnings up - Booth and Paige two perfect examples, they might as well be called Instagram models as opposed to Pro Golfers

Not really, if they weren’t good at golf they wouldn’t be anywhere on the model scene

Sort of like Rick and Pete .. average teaching golf pros.. if they didn’t have the golf part they wouldn’t be anywhere on YouTube .. they need that golf theme to be known

Wolf

Visit site
People still using the argument of she worked harder she would earn more etc really don't seem to be looking at the numbers an LET player makes, the No. 1 on the money list last year was Meghan MacLaren she made €61,266 last year. That's the No1 player in Europe and heads a money list that had a total of 118 players so you'd have to say she is top of her game.

Take out 10% + wages for Caddy to equate for bonus and salary, then take out tournament fees, travel & accommodation costs, deduct coaching fees, oh and then deduct taxes and NI contributions what do you think she actually walked away with as a take home income last year.. I don't know her exact take home but I'd be surprised if its over 20k if she's lucky.

So going by those numbers even the top LET player would struggle without endorsements, only difference is Carly is getting them based on her looks, why shouldn't she cash in on that to help her keep playing golf. Nobody judged the likes of Beckham cashing in doing adverts in his pants because he was a top player that's the only difference. If Carly was a top player and cashed in on her looks there'd still be people moaning it's not fair.

She plays a game she loves and market's herself to earn as much as she can, I say fair play to her at least she's still out there practising and trying.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
People still using the argument of she worked harder she would earn more etc really don't seem to be looking at the numbers an LET player makes, the No. 1 on the money list last year was Meghan MacLaren she made €61,266 last year. That's the No1 player in Europe and heads a money list that had a total of 118 players so you'd have to say she is top of her game.

Take out 10% + wages for Caddy to equate for bonus and salary, then take out tournament fees, travel & accommodation costs, deduct coaching fees, oh and then deduct taxes and NI contributions what do you think she actually walked away with as a take home income last year.. I don't know her exact take home but I'd be surprised if its over 20k if she's lucky.

So going by those numbers even the top LET player would struggle without endorsements, only difference is Carly is getting them based on her looks, why shouldn't she cash in on that to help her keep playing golf. Nobody judged the likes of Beckham cashing in doing adverts in his pants because he was a top player that's the only difference. If Carly was a top player and cashed in on her looks there'd still be people moaning it's not fair.

She plays a game she loves and market's herself to earn as much as she can, I say fair play to her at least she's still out there practising and trying.

No different from beckham cashing in on his “sex appeal” even though he was already a top earner!

Most of Carly and Paige’s posts include them working on their swing

Hats off to them

Wolf

Visit site
No different from beckham cashing in on his “sex appeal” even though he was already a top earner!

Hats off to them
I completely agree it's no different at all.

Only difference I see with Carly and Paige is Carly is more competitive whereas Paige is more in the celeb side of things, but either way good for them.

D

Deleted member 15344

Hats off to them

Beckham was at least successful in his sport - that’s the big difference, he was also using is success on the pitch to keep it rolling in

How many people do you think look at Paige Twitter or Instagram page because she is swinging a club as opposed to what little she wears when she is swinging the club.
If they both looked like Caroline Hedwall for example and played like they do then no one would discuss them , they wouldn’t have many if any endorsements.

At least with Booth she had early success and started from that , Paige - zero

Sports_Fanatic

Assistant Pro
Visit site

Meghan looks a very good player so fingers crossed she keeps improving but I don’t think she’s top of her game until you head the LPGA.

They need to get more money and events into the LET but currently is it particularly different to the Symetra tour which is a feeder circuit? Potentially top players stay for slightly longer before making the jump.

It’s a huge challenge though as they need the strength in depth to improve viewer numbers which is hard without prize funds, but they need viewer numbers to attract the sponsors. Hopefully a few more take the jump to sponsor it early given female sport is getting more coverage.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Beckham was at least successful in his sport - that’s the big difference, he was also using is success on the pitch to keep it rolling in

How many people do you think look at Paige Twitter or Instagram page because she is swinging a club as opposed to what little she wears when she is swinging the club.
If they both looked like Caroline Hedwall for example and played like they do then no one would discuss them , they wouldn’t have many if any endorsements.

At least with Booth she had early success and started from that , Paige - zero

Does it offend you that they are “average” or something?!

I would say Paige and Carly would have very little followers without golf.

jimmy Bullard is a prime example.. average footballer.. without football he would be a nobody.. yet he has carved a pundit / podcast career out of it....

Don’t see your problem at all.. other than you have to disagree with the grain ...

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Does it offend you that they are “average” or something?!

I would say Paige and Carly would have very little followers without golf.

jimmy Bullard is a prime example.. average footballer.. without football he would be a nobody.. yet he has carved a pundit / podcast career out of it....

Don’t see your problem at all.. other than you have to disagree with the grain ...

I think an argument can be made for Carly Booth the golfer, she’s a golfer that models. It can’t for Paige. She’s a model. She only got professional status due to invites and endorsements. All because of an Instagram page.

In regards to the comparison of the footballers. That’s a false analogy. Neither Beckham nor Bullard needed outside financial aide to afford them a way of living. They both earned enough due to their talent as sportsmen. Now if there’s a male sportsmen earning more than his counterparts simply for adverts and not for his apparent talent, that would be comparable.

Again, theirs nowt wrong with what Paige Or Carly have done. Or Kournikova it’s clever. It just doesn’t help imo with growing the game. And growing the game is the only way that sponsorship and price money will increase.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
The funny thing is threads like this only enhance their online persona.

More hits on search engines.

Personally I wish both every success, I wish Carly success in that she finds her true potential that she CLEARLY has. I'd love to see her win more and be more successful as a golfer. With Paige I wish her every success in her endorsements and modelling, I get her looks and golfing ability but I also appreciate that she will gain more through her "modelling/looks" and suspect that she was possibly "forced" into the professional game by said contracts/sponsors.