Captain's summer ball

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
We stopped doing these formal events. We have a much younger demographic especially in the male section although the we have a lot of younger ladies as well. We tried to do one (can't remember if it was just before or just after Covid when everything fully reopened but it was cancelled due to poor sales

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
We stopped doing these formal events. We have a much younger demographic especially in the male section although the we have a lot of younger ladies as well. We tried to do one (can't remember if it was just before or just after Covid when everything fully reopened but it was cancelled due to poor sales
A rave at the half way house then 😁

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
I haven't had occasion to wear a tie since 2014.
I haven't worn any of my three hole-in-one ties.

The last AGM I attended a couple of years ago, the chap who is this year's captain wore shorts and a polo top. I feel I am at the right club for me.
But I do own a black jacket and I own and know how to tie a real bow tie, just in case I actually fancy attending a "fancy" dress event.

AussieKB

Visit site
I played and attended the Golf Club Secretary Final at Saunton Sands, so I had to wear a Jacket and Tie, cannot think of the last time I had to do that, in OZ or England, borrowed the Jacket and Tie.

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I played and attended the Golf Club Secretary Final at Saunton Sands, so I had to wear a Jacket and Tie, cannot think of the last time I had to do that, in OZ or England, borrowed the Jacket and Tie.
There always seems to be a couple of places that require a jacket and tie, so it's useful to have them for those occasions.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Even the last cruise I went on did away with the formal nights and made them ‘evening chic’ or something. Some still went full dickie bow

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Just imagine how many ties Tobybarker’s mate has, especially if they make Albatross ones.
Anyone else got a Kingholer, I still have mine which was presented to me 40 years ago.
When I retired I swore that I would wear a jacket and tie as little as possible. Apart from two weddings and a handful of funerals managed to stay that way.
Strangely I still have about 20 ties in my wardrobe.
Need to get a new suit, and probably tie, for my grand daughters wedding next year.