Can you get the "dot" adjusted on Ping clubs

kmdmr1

Head Pro
Visit site
My dad drove to Gainsborough to get his adjusted. They did it while he waited.

It only took about an hour, plus he got a range token to use at the Karsten Course driving range just to mae sure he was happy with them.

Excellent service :thup:

Dont think this can be done anymore,reason being.
When I first purchased my first set of Ping G5s,I made an appointment with Ping Gainsboro direct,to have them altered,
Waiting time was approx 2 months,but we made a day of it and played the course whilst there,(Excellent day out)
when I wanted them altered again,I was told you have to book through your local Ping stockist (or someone who has an account with Ping)
Ping will alter them FOC,but like one previous post you have to pay postage,if you dont want to visit.

fD

stevench

Club Champion
Visit site
Dont think this can be done anymore,reason being.
When I first purchased my first set of Ping G5s,I made an appointment with Ping Gainsboro direct,to have them altered,
Waiting time was approx 2 months,but we made a day of it and played the course whilst there,(Excellent day out)
when I wanted them altered again,I was told you have to book through your local Ping stockist (or someone who has an account with Ping)
Ping will alter them FOC,but like one previous post you have to pay postage,if you dont want to visit.

fD

The club themselves have become quite strict now that they do prefer you to book through your own pro/shop. If you know what lie you require though you can just drop them off direct at the factory for an alteration foc.

big_matt

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Just wanted to bump this thread.
Does anyone know if ping still do this foc if you get them sent off by a stockist? Id like to alter the lie on my g30 irons.

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just in case anyone was curious, the wife didn't go shopping without me while I was up. I never got to go...

Just in case you wondered

badgermat

Club Champion
Visit site
Just in case the old trope of Pings being tricky to adjust (because they're cast) comes up again, here's how Ping does it at the factory ...

[video=youtube_share;aYn9Yn9XH6o]https://youtu.be/aYn9Yn9XH6o?t=4m13s[/video]

Clearly a highly technical process that can't be attempted without the correct tools. Or a hammer.

bm

Edit to add - skip to 4:13 for adjustment action.

Last edited: