Can you get the "dot" adjusted on Ping clubs

jimjoachim

Head Pro
Visit site
Hi there

Just wondering if its possible to get ping clubs adjusted to a different "dot".
If so who can do it? Pro shop, American Golf??

Cheers

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
Irons lie can be adjusted although with ping being cast there is less room for movement and greater chance of head fracture, any pro or golf shop with workshop should be able to help.

HotDogAssassin

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I know the answer is yes and I believe to get it done properly the clubs go back to PING, but I'm sure that one of our older members of the forum will be along soon to confirm how PING do this. :whistle:

socky

Head Pro
Visit site
I sent my clubs back via my pro (AG will do it as well) and they adjusted the lie etc and put the correct coloured dot on as well :)

Cost about £30 for my irons (3-SW)

Quick and simple.

HotDogAssassin

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Just found this which may help:

[h=3]PING irons and wedges are adjustable[/h]to fit your changing swing for several years. However, certain factors, like the type of metal, its age, and the number of adjustments that have already been performed, will affect the adjustability of your set. The Maximum Lie Angle Adjustability chart (below) displays the normal adjustability by model. However, the Repair Department will determine the actual adjustability of each set on a case-by-case basis.

KARSTEN I-IVnone
EYEnone
EYE2 (no dot in cavity toe)none
EYE2 (Copper)none
EYE2 (with dot in cavity toe)2°
EYE2+ (built before 1990)none
EYE2+ (built on or after 1990)2°
ZING (steel)none
ZING2 (Steel)4°
ZING/ZING2 (Copper)4°
ISI-S/ISI-K (Steel)4°
ISI/ISI-N (Copper/Nickel)none
i3 Series4°
i3+ Series4°
G2 Series4°
S59/S59 Tour4°
PING/Tour Wedges4°
Black Nickel Tour Wedges2°
Rapture4°
G54°

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Yep.

They give each club a healthy whack with a rubber hammer!

Unsubtle it may be, but it's apparently the 'safest' methos with cast heads. Forged heads are naturally softer and easier/safer to bend (and slowly in a loft/lie/bending machine) though there is a limit as to how far.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Again the answer is yes. I don't believe that Ping charge, although your pro will probably charge carriage. There's a little cut out in the hosel in ping irons, this is for the adjustment factor.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Excellent news and a question I was wanting to know also.

Had my Ping G20's and Tour S wedges (black dot) fitted in January but I know with changes to my set-up over the last few months my lie is now different as I notice the toe of my club sitting up at times at address.

Will see my Pro tomorrow.

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
My dad drove to Gainsborough to get his adjusted. They did it while he waited.

It only took about an hour, plus he got a range token to use at the Karsten Course driving range just to mae sure he was happy with them.

Excellent service :thup:

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
My dad drove to Gainsborough to get his adjusted. They did it while he waited.

It only took about an hour, plus he got a range token to use at the Karsten Course driving range just to mae sure he was happy with them.

Excellent service :thup:

I am up in Lincs in a week or two, I wonder what they could do for my putter?

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I have a problem that will make or break my relationship with Ping! I'm sending my irons back to them.

It also doesn't seem like an isolated problem either. Emailed Ping CS last week and didn't exactly receive an encouraging reply.

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/693136-ping-s56-quality-issue/

OMG, I spotted this on my Tour-S wedges only after about 2 months of having them! Being new to golf and them being my first set of new clubs I sat there like a dummy for ages attempting to peel it off (only with my finger nail) thinking it was some kind of really hot protection weld-on plastic but gave up quite quickly when I realised it was the edge of the coating.

I've had them 10 months now, can I get these still looked at?

noble78

Head Pro
Visit site
OMG, I spotted this on my Tour-S wedges only after about 2 months of having them! Being new to golf and them being my first set of new clubs I sat there like a dummy for ages attempting to peel it off (only with my finger nail) thinking it was some kind of really hot protection weld-on plastic but gave up quite quickly when I realised it was the edge of the coating.

I've had them 10 months now, can I get these still looked at?

The same has happened to my tour S wedge as well, i presumed i must have hit a stone or something in a bunker.