Callaway SuperSoft balls.

DaveM

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've been thinking of giving these a go. Just wondered if any of you guys, had tried them and if so, what did you think of them?

MashieNiblick

Tour Winner
Visit site
Played with some earlier this year. They are indeed "super soft" about 40 compression I think. Felt nice putting - not the usual Callaway clicky sound/feel which some people don't like. Good distance too. Will be a good option for when the temperatures start to drop. All in all a nice ball.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Played with some earlier this year. They are indeed "super soft" about 40 compression I think. Felt nice putting - not the usual Callaway clicky sound/feel which some people don't like. Good distance too. Will be a good option for when the temperatures start to drop. All in all a nice ball.

I tried them and they felt ok off the club, but they just seem to boing off the ground and I found them wanging through the green so, this time of the year they were pretty uncontrollable. Maybe, for me, a winter ball

Doh

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have changed to these balls this season. They are low spin but feel soft, defiantly worth a go for the price. It has taken me some time to get used to putting with them as they are so quick off the putter face. Distance wise they are as good as anything I have tried so you wont lose out there. Thumbs up from me.:thup:

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
I found and played one for a few holes last weekend.

Certainly a departure from the Callaway norm' and for a 2-piece ball is very soft.

Didn't like how it played so passed it on to a playing partner who loves his Callaway balls. I thought it played similar to a DT Solo only softer.

Slicer30

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I got a set using a voucher for our pro shop ( callaway gear mainly).

They felt harder off the face ( irons and driver) but gave the same yardages as the DX2 soft I currently play.

I definitely prefer the DX2 soft, much softer feel

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Maybe it's you that's losing them for fun around AP - found loads recently.
I find them very soft off the putter - too soft for me, but off the rest of the clubs it feels pretty good.
As has been said, probably a decent choice for winter

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
found one in the winter used it for a couple of rounds, lovely to putt with. Ive a mate off 3 who uses them still in the season ( after having a go with the one i found)

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Played at Bearwood Lakes yesterday, didn't realise but I was out of decent "ammo".
Bought a sleeve of these in the pro shop for a fiver, really (really) liked them.
Decent distance and a nice feel off the putter.
Have just ordered a couple of dozen of them for the Gainsborough trip.