Bunkers GUR re rating?

D-S

Visit site
If a course takes half its bunkers out of play due to refurbishment for the whole winter, would this justify a temporary re rating? I realise during covid many courses took all their bunkers out of play and were not temporarily re rated but was this a short term / emergency relaxation?

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If a course takes half its bunkers out of play due to refurbishment for the whole winter, would this justify a temporary re rating? I realise during covid many courses took all their bunkers out of play and were not temporarily re rated but was this a short term / emergency relaxation?

In a dim and distant memory there was a ruling that said you can take half the bunkers out of play before a comp becomes a non qualifier. Whether or not it is true memory and would it apply now is another matter.

mikejohnchapman

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
In a dim and distant memory there was a ruling that said you can take half the bunkers out of play before a comp becomes a non qualifier. Whether or not it is true memory and would it apply now is another matter.
There was but that was dropped. I don't think you have re-rate.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
It only applied in England but was discontinued with the introduction of WHS.

Your club must advise the County or England Golf.
Appendix G
f. Modification of Courses
(i) Temporary Changes

The Handicap Committee must notify the Authorized Association when temporary changes are being made to the golf course that may affect the Course Rating.
The Authorized Association will determine whether scores made under such conditions are acceptable for handicap purposes, and whether the Course Rating and Slope Rating should be modified temporarily.

D-S

Visit site
It only applied in England but was discontinued with the introduction of WHS.

Your club must advise the County or England Golf.
Appendix G
f. Modification of Courses
(i) Temporary Changes

The Handicap Committee must notify the Authorized Association when temporary changes are being made to the golf course that may affect the Course Rating.
The Authorized Association will determine whether scores made under such conditions are acceptable for handicap purposes, and whether the Course Rating and Slope Rating should be modified temporarily.
Thank you for that. I assume therefore that taking half the bunkers out of play is likely to have an impact on CR and/or Slope.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
It depends on the actual number involved and difficulty the individual bunkers present. As each bunker is assessed individually it is the cumulative value that matters. However it is unlikely to make much difference. Maybe a stroke?