Bullying In Schools

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
This guys been named all over Twitter, his Facebook profile, Instagram page, his family’s business etc etc. I’d imagine there will be justice of sorts.

Vigilante justice, it makes those that have posted abusive messages on Instagram, Facebook etc to the assumed accounts just as bad.

It’s wrong, most definitely, abhorrent even...but these things should never be posted on social media as it invites the worst in people to think they are ‘helping’ by sending abuse...ironically a form of bullying.

I have no other right or wrong suggestion to what should have happened, but naming and shaming so publically may not have been the right thing. What would have happened if the ‘bully’ had been incorrectly identified? A bunch of strangers would have sent a torrent of abuse to the wrong person...great idea.

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site
Sadly bullying is part of our DNA.... Just got to look at the amount of anger aimed at cyclists... Which is just a form of bullying...

Middle grandson was doing his cycling proficiency (or whatever that call it nowadays) all the kids were riding line astern as part of the test and some WVM felt the need as he passed to hurl foul mouthed abuse at the kids... Real tough guy eh?

HughJars

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Unfortunately it does seem as though the parents need to be the ones to take action these days .... Because of my experience and how miserable my life was if anything ever happens to my boy there will be swift and decisive action taken by me, I will not mess around.

Wolf - glad you dealt with it, shame it had to be done like that but you look after your own.

Got to say my kids went through a great school in Warrington where bullying was very much sorted out by the head teacher, a very well run school, and the message was driven home. It just needs the right guy/wifie in charge and it can be sorted.

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site
With so much bullying occurring on social media it's got to be increasingly difficult to control... Particularly as the platform providers don't appear willing to assist controlling it...

D

Deleted member 18121

With so much bullying occurring on social media it's got to be increasingly difficult to control... Particularly as the platform providers don't appear willing to assist controlling it...

I think with this kind of bullying the kids should be encouraged to log off..... just stop using social media or block people.

HowlingGale

Head Pro
Visit site
Shame on those involved if it leads to this.

What is really worth seeing is the lack of assistance from other students when the incident happened.

To be fair when this happened to me in school I was just thankful if wasn't me who was being bullied at the time, it was someone else. I can totally relate to them not getting involved.

Of course now I'm older (and wiser) I'd love for them to try it again. They don't realise the lifelong damage they are doing.

Having said that if the wee fella came from a war torn Syria he's probably seen stuff no kid should ever see.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My eldest daughter was bullied at junior school by a class mate, who thought it wonderful one day to pin my diaghter in the corner then kicked her in the chest. She needed hospital treatment but fortunately only had bruised ribs, but the school had a "chat" with the boy and decided it was an "accident". I went to see the Headmistress the following day, and told her "fine, you can call it an accident, but the police call it assault, and they will be in contact". The school then changed their tune, and some action was taken.
Karma was given though because that was their last year at juniors, and the next term they all started at their new secondary schools. The boy in question thought he was the big I am, but got his comeupance after picking on the wrong boy:)

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
We had a class bully at secondary school, he was huge compared to the rest of us.
He got caught by the Gym master who threw him a pair of boxing gloves and said 'let's see how tough you really are'
He told the rest of the boys to form a ring.
Gym master was about 5'3 and 10 stone [an ex commando.]
Bully was about 6'3 and 14 stone.
Within a couple of minutes and by hardly even hitting him he had the bully cowering on his knees in tears.
No more bullying.

Wonder how many years in jail he would get for that now.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
i remember one boy, went to his head of house at my school to say a 6th former was bullying him and got the caned for being a tell tale.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Someone at work was telling us how his boy was being picked on at school

Went to parents evening and the school said nothing they could do about it really

He turned to his son and said right if he gives you anymore grief you have my full permission to knock the crap out of him.

“You can’t do that” said the teacher
“I just did.. you won’t act so I have”

He got a call later that day that the problem had been dealt with

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
There is footage on the BBC site of the Syrian kids sister being bullied as well. What kind of a flippin schools are they running in Huddersfield

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Just noticed the Syrian boy already had an arm in plaster, presumably broken; I wonder how that happened... Really brave of the bigger kid to take on a lad in that condition.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We had a class bully at secondary school, he was huge compared to the rest of us.
He got caught by the Gym master who threw him a pair of boxing gloves and said 'let's see how tough you really are'
He told the rest of the boys to form a ring.
Gym master was about 5'3 and 10 stone [an ex commando.]
Bully was about 6'3 and 14 stone.
Within a couple of minutes and by hardly even hitting him he had the bully cowering on his knees in tears.
No more bullying.

Wonder how many years in jail he would get for that now.
Our PE teacher used to do this !
Anyone fighting in the playground was sent to him.
He used to handicap bully’s by giving them heavy gloves and lighter gloves to the victim.
Spent many a pe lesson watching knobs getting their medicine as they tired very easy with the heavy gloves.

Always remember my dad telling me when I changed to a school in Huyton “if anyone bullies you just hit the biggest as hard as you can”
Took his advice and nobody came near me again.

You will never stop this it’s in our dna ,don’t know why some scroats just start early!

Parmo

Tour Winner
www.roundhaygc.com
It also turns out his sister has also been bullied at the same school, also filmed.

I watched a TV program on a failing school somewhere, the kids were running wild, the head teacher so scared of increasing his absence rates which an exclusion heavily adds too that he refused to accept and remove the bad kids.