Bucket List Courses USA Bay Hill or Harbour Town

gopher99

Visit site
I am travelling out to the Carolina region and coming back to Miami via Orlando in September, i am playing Pinehurst 2&4 whilst i am there. I have the choice of one more course whilst I am there, has anyone played both bay hill and harbour town? Which one would you say was the must play out of the two of them.

D-S

Visit site
I’ve played most of the Pinehurst courses and 2&4 are a good choice - 8 is the other I“d recommend. I haven’t played Bay Hill but have played Harbourtown, cracking layout extremely tight - a real treat. If someone thinks Bay Hill is better then it must be awesome.
Enjoy Pinehurst, a real golfers paradise.

Mandofred

Visit site
At $200+ for Bay Hill.....I wouldn't play at all. There are certainly plenty of courses that charge more.....but I won't pay that kind of money to hit a ball around a field.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I havnt played Bay Hill but did follow Sergio and Westwood in the Invitational one year.
It struck me as very ordinary. But in fabulous condition.
We commented that it wasn’t as good as some of the courses we played.
But it’s very subjective.
You needed to be staying in one of the lodges to play Bay Hill .
Might of changed now but that was a strict rule then 2018.

Try and play LPGA THE HILLS COURSE up in Daytona if you can it’s the best in” Orlando “ and surrounding area imo of course.

Edit sorry just read post again Daytona is north of Orlando so you won’t be travelling that way to Miami.
But a tip for future trips LPGA is the dogs do das.

Last edited:

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
At $200+ for Bay Hill.....I wouldn't play at all. There are certainly plenty of courses that charge more.....but I won't pay that kind of money to hit a ball around a field.
I think $200 might get you 9 holes.
Unless they have changed policy you need to be resident in the lodges to play.

gopher99

Visit site
Someone must be looking down on me thinking it’s his day, after weighing up both options. £350 to stay at Bay Hill for 1 night and 1 round of golf, or £370 to play Harbor Town i had almost given up. I was searching on eBay for other things and a voucher came up for 1 round including cart at Bay Hill to be used before the 30th Sept. I bid £75 and won the bid, so I think that’s a great price to play a bucket list course for me. Also on there was a voucher to play TPC sawgrass for £75 which I would have also bought but the date to use it by is the 26th August.

RRidges

Visit site
Someone must be looking down on me thinking it’s his day, after weighing up both options. £350 to stay at Bay Hill for 1 night and 1 round of golf, or £370 to play Harbor Town i had almost given up. I was searching on eBay for other things and a voucher came up for 1 round including cart at Bay Hill to be used before the 30th Sept. I bid £75 and won the bid, so I think that’s a great price to play a bucket list course for me. Also on there was a voucher to play TPC sawgrass for £75 which I would have also bought but the date to use it by is the 26th August.
Well scored!
That appears to be a lot cheaper than some relatively ho-hum courses in UK currently and certainly a great price for a such a course. Make sure you acknowledge 'God' while you are there!

Green Bay Hacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have played Bay Hill a couple of times but you had to stay there to be able to play (not sure if that still applies). Course was in great condition but not overly taxing from the tees we played from. The bonus though was that Tiger was practicing on the area to the left of the 9th fairway as you play the hole and we got to eat our evening meals sat on the next table to Arnie.