Bryson Dechambeau

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
One of the freedoms of living in a democracy is freedom of choice. People calling others ‘anti-Vaxers’ because they choose not to take a vaccine which is very new and there is no information on its long term effects is ludicrous. Most of these people have been vaccinated for other diseases which makes those calling them anti-vax plain stupid as that term could only be used if they were against all vaccinations for all diseases.
I have been vaccinated though it should be freedom of choice whether someone wants to be or not. If I was a young woman of child bearing age there is absolutely no chance I’d be taking a vaccine. Mistakes have been made in the past and as there are no long term studies and there is information which suggests there could be detrimental effects on these types of things I’d be holding fire. If someone is vaccinated they have done what they can for themselves or there peace of mind. I don’t believe there was a vaccination program for Spanish flu in the early 1900’s which was more deadly than COVID. There have been many other respiratory diseases through the years more deadly, COVID to the vast vast majority is not a fatal illness

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
I’ve heard him shout “fore”
Many other pros don’t or haven’t
Imo a breath of fresh air to Golf
Rather him than some of the moody brigade

Funny. Bryson is one of the worst for being (what I would consider) moody. He constantly whines and complains. And now won't speak to much of the media.

He's very good at marketing himself as the scientist and doing things differently. He has some of the sky commentary team fawning over him. But he come across as a frat boy arse.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
One of the freedoms of living in a democracy is freedom of choice. People calling others ‘anti-Vaxers’ because they choose not to take a vaccine which is very new and there is no information on its long term effects is ludicrous. Most of these people have been vaccinated for other diseases which makes those calling them anti-vax plain stupid as that term could only be used if they were against all vaccinations for all diseases.
I have been vaccinated though it should be freedom of choice whether someone wants to be or not. If I was a young woman of child bearing age there is absolutely no chance I’d be taking a vaccine. Mistakes have been made in the past and as there are no long term studies and there is information which suggests there could be detrimental effects on these types of things I’d be holding fire. If someone is vaccinated they have done what they can for themselves or there peace of mind. I don’t believe there was a vaccination program for Spanish flu in the early 1900’s which was more deadly than COVID. There have been many other respiratory diseases through the years more deadly, COVID to the vast vast majority is not a fatal illness

Among a series of laughable comments, that one is the winner.

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
Among a series of laughable comments, that one is the winner.
If you could enlighten us all with what is laughable that would be constructive. If not I’ll put it down to you don’t like the comment and have nothing of value to add so decide to make a snide remark

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm inclined to agree for the most part. I had the vaccine just because I figured most people would and I didn't give it much thought. I still caught Covid though (have only had the first jab so far however). I still had to isolate obviously. I don't really think people should be forced to have it, I just had it because I thought it would be easier to have it than not have it, in the long run.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
If you could enlighten us all with what is laughable that would be constructive. If not I’ll put it down to you don’t like the comment and have nothing of value to add so decide to make a snide remark

It is not that I don't like the comment. It is that it is a ridiculous comment which makes no sensible point at all. You said "I don’t believe there was a vaccination program for Spanish flu in the early 1900’s which was more deadly than COVID.". So what? Does that mean that we should not try to prevent or treat illness that are not as bad as Spanish flu?

By the same bizarre logic, presumably boats should not need lifeboats or other safety equipment the The Titanic didn't have.

Back in the real world, though, things have moved on a bit from the era where many children died in infancy and average life expectancy was in the late 50s.

The most telling comment is the very last one, about Covid not being fatal to most. That is true as far as it goes, but Covid is not just about death, and the biggest effects could well come from some of the non-fatal stuff that you do not even mention. Sticking to fatal outcomes is common among Covid-deniers. Nor is Covid vaccination just about your personal risk.

And don't get me started on your blather about the testing of, or long term effects of, Covid vaccination.

Last edited:

4LEX

Visit site
Soft anti-vaxx, couched with a few ifs and buts, is pretty common in the US, especially on the right wing, and most US golfers are pretty right wing.

This is true. It's actually mind boggling how the pro gun lobby and pro Trump crowd are almost enirely anti vaxx. All about freedom baby, yeeehaaaa. What a load of rodents.

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
It is not that I don't like the comment. It is that it is a ridiculous comment which makes no sensible point at all. You said "I don’t believe there was a vaccination program for Spanish flu in the early 1900’s which was more deadly than COVID.". So what? Does that mean that we should not try to prevent or treat illness that are not as bad as Spanish flu?

By the same bizarre logic, presumably boats should not need lifeboats or other safety equipment the The Titanic didn't have.

Back in the real world, though, things have moved on a bit from the era where many children died in infancy and average life expectancy was in the late 50s.

The most telling comment is the very last one, about Covid not being fatal to most. That is true as far as it goes, but Covid is not just about death, and the biggest effects could well come from some of the non-fatal stuff that you do not even mention. Sticking to fatal outcomes is common among Covid-deniers. Nor is Covid vaccination just about your personal risk.

And don't get me started on your blather about the testing of, or long term effects of, Covid vaccination.
The point was that there have been far worse illnesses controlled by nature over time. People are just as likely to pass the delta variant on with or without a vaccine so the saying do it to protect someone else is complete rubbish as you can pass it on the same regardless, in effect having the vaccine only actually does yourself any good. There is no long term information on the vaccine this is a fact, would you give a child a vaccine you don’t know what potential causes it could have over a period when the risk of the illness to them is soo small it’s hardly worth talking about. It’s a complete nonsense.
Behavioural scientists working for sage have quite rightly gone with the tactics of do it to protect others as they know it will pull at the heartstrings and more people will get it than if they said do it to protect yourself. Ultimately the elderly and those with underlying health conditions will be more susceptible to dying of a respiratory infection. This isn’t news it has been known for hundreds of years.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
This is true. It's actually mind boggling how the pro gun lobby and pro Trump crowd are almost enirely anti vaxx. All about freedom baby, yeeehaaaa. What a load of rodents.

I think it is also tied up with this American idea that your own fate is entirely in your own hands, if you really want it bad(ly) enough etc, and if you don't succeed you just haven't tried hard enough. It tends to drive this idea of personal autonomy and non-reliance on others.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
The point was that there have been far worse illnesses controlled by nature over time.

(1) People are just as likely to pass the delta variant on with or without a vaccine so the saying do it to protect someone else is complete rubbish as you can pass it on the same regardless, in effect having the vaccine only actually does yourself any good.

(2) There is no long term information on the vaccine this is a fact,

(3)would you give a child a vaccine you don’t know what potential causes it could have over a period when the risk of the illness to them is soo small it’s hardly worth talking about. It’s a complete nonsense.

(4) Behavioural scientists working for sage have quite rightly gone with the tactics of do it to protect others as they know it will pull at the heartstrings and more people will get it than if they said do it to protect yourself.

(5) Ultimately the elderly and those with underlying health conditions will be more susceptible to dying of a respiratory infection. This isn’t news it has been known for hundreds of years.

(1) Completely incorrect. I have read the papers on this subject which were rather badly reported on recently. They do not say what has been reported.

(2) The vaccine lasts 36-48 hours in the body. Follow up is conducted for a period appropriate to the pharmacokinetics (how long the drug lasts) and pharmacodymanics (how long the clinical effect lasts). There has been plenty of adequate length follow up in the largest roll out of any medicine ever.

(3) What age of child? Have you heard of MIS-C? The risk of death is low, but the risk of long Covid and other complications are much higher. It is therefore not a nonsense, unless you think you know better than the American College of Paediatrics which recommends vaccination.

(4) It is a transmissible infection. Vaccination reduces transmission. It isn't rocket science.

(5). Obviously, but you can stop some of them dying. Isn't that a good thing? And plenty of middle aged and younger people have died or suffered serious harm.

Last edited:

4LEX

Visit site
The point was that there have been far worse illnesses controlled by nature over time. People are just as likely to pass the delta variant on with or without a vaccine so the saying do it to protect someone else is complete rubbish as you can pass it on the same regardless, in effect having the vaccine only actually does yourself any good. There is no long term information on the vaccine this is a fact, would you give a child a vaccine you don’t know what potential causes it could have over a period when the risk of the illness to them is soo small it’s hardly worth talking about. It’s a complete nonsense.
Behavioural scientists working for sage have quite rightly gone with the tactics of do it to protect others as they know it will pull at the heartstrings and more people will get it than if they said do it to protect yourself. Ultimately the elderly and those with underlying health conditions will be more susceptible to dying of a respiratory infection. This isn’t news it has been known for hundreds of years.

Theres no published indepth study into whether the Delta variant is as tranmissible in vaccinated vs non vaccinated people. The source you quote from is a small study that hasn't been peer reviewed. If you base your opinions on that then how can you dismiss real world data involving billions of people who have been jabbed, reduced transmission, hospitalisations and death?

As for long term information on the vaccination that is hardly breaking news, unless you've got a time machine that'll always be the case. However theres been proven data on the effects on Covid and that is the tip of the iceberg. So surely the evidence on long term complications is stacking way higher for Long Covid than side effects from the vaccinations?

We've opened things up entirely, have a large vaccinated population and case numbers aren't exploding like they were from even a brief relaxation in lockdowns in the past. Throw in a more transmissible variant. How do you explain that if vaccines don't help with transmission?