Bryn Meadows - Wales - Anyone been there?

dufferman

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hi all,

I've been tasked with the job of booking this years venue for our yearly weekend away. The usual place we go - Heythrop Park in Oxfordshire, is fully booked for the weekend we're looking at getting away.

I've seen the Bryn Meadows course on YourGolfTravel or something similar, and it's only £99 a head for dinner, B&B and 'unlimited' golf. Seems like a steal, if the course and hotel is nice?

I've been told by someone at YourGolfTravel the facilities there (Spa, Pool etc) are just as good as Celtic Manors. Interesting.

A quick visit to Trip Advisor tells me the hotel itself is good enough - nothing too fancy but nothing too terrible either.

So the final piece of the puzzle is the golf course! Has anyone played it? Is it any good? We're going in June, hopefully it won't be too wet, is it ok that time of year?

Any help is welcomed!

Sir Scoop-A-Lot

Head Pro
Visit site
I took the wife there last november for a weekend break, the facilities and staff were awesome. We had great time.

On the saturday I played 18 when she went to the spa. Its a good course. Above average but not spectacular. Some of the holes are testing and the 10th is a great hole with the green highly elevated and a challenging second shot to get up there. It is a little hilly (it is in wales) so I took a buggy on the back 9.

I am planning to go again in the summer as if it was nice to play in the winter I can imagine with a bit of sun it'd be very nice. The clubhouse bar was interesting too!

dufferman

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I took the wife there last november for a weekend break, the facilities and staff were awesome. We had great time.

On the saturday I played 18 when she went to the spa. Its a good course. Above average but not spectacular. Some of the holes are testing and the 10th is a great hole with the green highly elevated and a challenging second shot to get up there. It is a little hilly (it is in wales) so I took a buggy on the back 9.

I am planning to go again in the summer as if it was nice to play in the winter I can imagine with a bit of sun it'd be very nice. The clubhouse bar was interesting too!

Thanks for the info! I've heard good things, we've booked it up so I'll report back in June!

hines57

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Stayed and played there a while back on a captain's away trip. They really looked after us well and the facilities were excellent. The staff were really friendly and extremely helpful.

shewy

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Played it a few times as it's only a short drive from me, not a bad course, not overly long which is good for away days,some nice holes, usually in pretty good nick,the course is quite hilly. Never stayed in the hotel/spa but it's always busy so a good sign.
You'll actually drive right past my house on the way up from J28 M4!