Bryn Meadows

Beedee

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I was wondering if anyone has played Bryn Meadows in south Wales? I'm due to play there in a couple of weeks and never been before. Tbh, the main thing I'm interested in is how hilly it is. I'm recovering from heart problems and would be fine on a flat course, but if it's hilly I'll need to book a buggy.

Beedee

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Flippin' heck. Glad I got the buggy! Not a long course but definitely deserves the "bryn" bit of it's name. Nice little course and a very friendly welcome from the pro shop. Would be happy to play there again.

albie999

Visit site
If my memory serves me right, how did you find the 10th hole (to the huge mound) ... i played that course not long (8-10 months) after I started golf, and that hole was a shock

I do hope I am remembering the right course here lol

Beedee

Assistant Pro
Visit site
If my memory serves me right, how did you find the 10th hole (to the huge mound) ... i played that course not long (8-10 months) after I started golf, and that hole was a shock

I do hope I am remembering the right course here lol
Yip that's the one. Manged to get a par on it. 7 wood for safety off the tee, but topped it only about 140 yards. Couldn't see the flag as the mound was so high and I'd brought the trees on the right into play, so hit a hopeful 9 iron as high as I could. It ended up on the fringe so a decent chip and a putt gave me a par.

The buggy was very very useful on that hole.