Brooks #1

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Can I ask what you make of Lee Westwood and Luke Donald as world number 1's? It takes a a lot of effort to make it as a professional golfer, let a alone win on tour, let alone win a major and also get to world number 1. To say he is a fraud is just wrong, as Dan2501 says this is the worst take on golf.
No idea, I wasn't watching golf back then. Don't panic anyway, the fraud comment was just banter, but it's true that I've never quite viewed DJ as 'the best in the world', despite him being no.1 for a vast amount of time. Brooks seems like a more complete golfer, as does Rose, and Thomas.

Garush34

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Agree, he's not a fraud. He's just suited to a particular style of golf.

Not sure if there's a player who can win a PGA tour event on -23 and is just as comfortable playing a US Open or Open Championship with a bit of wind and a winning score of -3. Even Tiger wasn't all that suited to those kind of events - with his Open wins coming at St Andrews and Hoylake, arguably the 2 most scoreable Open courses.

DJ has had 3 other top 5 finishes at the US Open so he is doing something right on harder courses. You can only play the course that is in front of you and if -24 is what is needed to win, then thats what they have to do.

Garush34

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
No idea, I wasn't watching golf back then. Don't panic anyway, the fraud comment was just banter, but it's true that I've never quite viewed DJ as 'the best in the world', despite him being no.1 for a vast amount of time. Brooks seems like a more complete golfer, as does Rose, and Thomas.

You can still have an opinion on them though. Its just that if DJ is a fraud having won a major and getting to number 1 and they haven't what does that make them, because by your banter its seems like DJ's major doesn't matter. Not to mention that only 23 players since 1986 have been number 1, and he is 5th on the list for weeks spent as number 1. He has won on tour every year since 2008, 15 top ten finishes in majors and 19 total wins, but not a complete golfer.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
You can still have an opinion on them though. Its just that if DJ is a fraud having won a major and getting to number 1 and they haven't what does that make them, because by your banter its seems like DJ's major doesn't matter. Not to mention that only 23 players since 1986 have been number 1, and he is 5th on the list for weeks spent as number 1. He has won on tour every year since 2008, 15 top ten finishes in majors and 19 total wins, but not a complete golfer.
How can I have an opinion on some golfers I didn't even watch at their peak?

DJ is a top ten player, I just don't see him as the very best that's all. Probably swayed by the fact I don't watch many of the weekly PGA events, in the main I just watch the majors.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

DJ is a top ten player, I just don't see him as the very best that's all. Probably swayed by the fact I don't watch many of the weekly PGA events, in the main I just watch the majors.

Do you think rory is overrated aswell or a fraud? (For the record I think he’s a tad overatted) because recently in majors he’s been lacking and not of the standard you expect from the hype around him

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Do you think rory is overrated aswell or a fraud? (For the record I think he’s a tad overatted) because recently in majors he’s been lacking and not of the standard you expect from the hype around him
Oh Rory is 100% fraud. You couldn't have picked a better example!

D

Deleted member 15344

Blimey your nonsense gets worse - how can someone who wins 4 majors be a fraud - the hole you’re digging gets bigger

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

See I thought as much because if you just watch the majors (nothing wrong with that , I mostly watch the majors but do watch other events when I can) anyways in the majors recently rory has left wanting. Taking into account what you said about only recently getting into golf it’s easy to understand why you say DJ and rory are “frauds” (I think overrated sounds less degrading lol)

Back on topic slightly I say brooks is the best around at the moment (why he is number 1) he blew Away the majors he won, he’s just so consistent.

I hope he lives up to the hype around him. He actually has everything about him

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
See I thought as much because if you just watch the majors (nothing wrong with that , I mostly watch the majors but do watch other events when I can) anyways in the majors recently rory has left wanting. Taking into account what you said about only recently getting into golf it’s easy to understand why you say DJ and rory are “frauds” (I think overrated sounds less degrading lol)

Back on topic slightly I say brooks is the best around at the moment (why he is number 1) he blew Away the majors he won, he’s just so consistent.

I hope he lives up to the hype around him. He actually has everything about him
I can't lie, I just love calling people frauds. There is no word so utterly meaningless that can stir up quite a ridiculous reaction from people. :ROFLMAO:

Pin-seeker

Visit site
I can't lie, I just love calling people frauds. There is no word so utterly meaningless that can stir up quite a ridiculous reaction from people. :ROFLMAO:

Some people just can’t help getting their nickers in a twist 😂

Usually starts with a Blimey..... 😂😂😂

Garush34

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Because you said DJ is dining out on one great round two years ago in a major, but Donald and Westwood have never won a major, so comparing the two you must have an opinion. Your measure seemed to be that DJ just had one good round, but the other two mustn't have.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site

Why is the word fraud "utterly meaningless"? You implied that DJ was either pretending to be number 1 or possibly he was deceiving people that he was number 1! Either way you are 100% wrong.

Personally I think it was a crazy choice of word, he was number one because of his consistency and his victories. He reached number one simply because he deserved it. You really have just dug a huge big hole. The reaction of others also suggest that you have made a backside of yourself here.

Forums are about opinions but at least back up your opinion with some substance.

Wolf

Visit site
Brooks has been the most consistent high performing player since his first major win. Imo he is now the complete package as a player and a decent bloke with it, long may he continue to be at the command dominate would love to see him bag a couple more majors along the way.

On the DJ debate, superb player and probably to model player for a lot of the PGA tour courses need hit it big and go find it. But has shown that on occasion he can find the golf needed to play US Open style course. Personally don't think he will win another major, I may be wrong on that, but I think the likes of Koepka, Thomas and Spieth will be the big 3 for USA for a while

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Brooks has been the most consistent high performing player since his first major win. Imo he is now the complete package as a player and a decent bloke with it, long may he continue to be at the command dominate would love to see him bag a couple more majors along the way.

On the DJ debate, superb player and probably to model player for a lot of the PGA tour courses need hit it big and go find it. But has shown that on occasion he can find the golf needed to play US Open style course. Personally don't think he will win another major, I may be wrong on that, but I think the likes of Koepka, Thomas and Spieth will be the big 3 for USA for a while

Two years ago I would have agreed with you re Spieth, last year was an eye opener for me with his form. Needs to up his game again.

D

Deleted member 1147

Two years ago I would have agreed with you re Spieth, last year was an eye opener for me with his form. Needs to up his game again.
On the greens particularly, yes.
The long game wasn’t bad

Wolf

Visit site
Indeed he does but having watched him up close in person this year I think it will come back, absolutely sensational with the putter just needs to tidy up a few bits. Think he has a couple more majors in him.