Brocket Hall........the deal.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
OK, have spent most of the afternoon on the phone with a guy regarding the proposed Old Farts v Whippersnappers meet next year.
Due to wedding bookings, May/June/July are out for a Saturday overnighter, it's going to have to be mid-week. The only date he could offer us for a Saturday was 14th April, and I don't want to risk a repetition of this years fiasco at Woodhall Spa, weatherwise.
So the deal is this.....

Play one round on the Melbourne course on Wednesday afternoon, followed by a three course evening meal and overnight accommodation. Full English breakfast the following morning followed by a second round of golf on the Palmerston course.
This would be held sometime in June, preferably the Weds prior to our original choice date, which would make that Weds June 26th.

The cost?????
My legendary negotiation skills have secured a price of £144.00 per person. That's only £5.00 more than the price paid for Woodhall Spa for their "Winter" deal, so I think it's a cracking offer.

Places will be limited to 36 in total, but I will be running a reserve list.
To be fair, places will only be allocated to forum members, non forum members will only be invited if we fall short of numbers and need to make the teams up.
This will again be an "Old Farts" v "Whippersnappers" event, and teams will be decided like before on the average age of attendees.

I know that a mid-week meeting won't please everybody what with work etc. but the deal is too good to miss, and I am sure that if you are really keen to make it, arrangements can easily be made this far in advance.

So who's up for it?????

Any other questions, please ask.

Rob

RichardC

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Im in too.

I know spaces are short on the ground, but if guests are allowed Charlie has asked to be put down.

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'd be very grateful if you could put me on the reserves list. Bearing in mind I still have the same problem that forced me to pull out of this years event.

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
Reserve list for me please Rob :(

Unless something miraculous happens, midweek's are going to be a no-go for me next year as all my holiday is going to be used up in November when we go to Australia for 4 weeks on our Honeymoon.

But reserve me, just in case!

Gutted :(

(Awesome work on the deal though fella!)

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Well done Rob, sounds like a cracking deal.:thup: Put me in for this please. Do you think I might be an Old Fart again ?:whistle:

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Reserve list for me please Rob :(

Unless something miraculous happens, midweek's are going to be a no-go for me next year as all my holiday is going to be used up in November when we go to Australia for 4 weeks on our Honeymoon.

But reserve me, just in case!

Gutted :(

(Awesome work on the deal though fella!)

I thought you were looking a bit peaky after the round on Sunday at Woodhall Jon. Think you might be going down with two day flu sometime next June.:whistle:

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
DEFINITES

1. Smiffy
2. Fundy
3. Richardc
4. Madadey
5. Richart
6. GMulligan
7. Pokerjoke

RESERVES

1. Bluewolf
2. Aztecs27
3. Auburnwarrior
4. Foxholer

Last edited:

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Waaay too far ahead to commit to anything.

But a cracking deal on 2 lovely courses - that should be in top shape too.

Please put this Old Fart down on the Reserve list.

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just told the wife, I just this last hour did a massive favour for her while she is currently in Canada, took me barely 20 minutes to have it taken away!

Could have used that favour for ANYTHING...

Oh well :D