British Masters Thursday Sky Free Tickets

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Afternoon all

Heading there on Sunday. Quick question;

I have read the 'what I can/cant bring to the event info' on the website but was just checking. Am I permitted to bring a rucksack/sportsbag with spare footwear/raincoat in?

TIA

Yes 👍
But at 1 check point they can/may ask to look inside, or just ask you a question or 2.
( very politely I must add )
They just don't want people taking their own alcohol inside

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Yes 👍
But at 1 check point they can/may ask to look inside, or just ask you a question or 2.
( very politely I must add )
They just don't want people taking their own alcohol inside

That didn't work yesterday, saw a few with their own beer! Would've done the same myself but was too hungover! 😂

I didn't think the prices for food and drink were too bad, I've paid higher at other events. Would highly recommend the steak and cheese stand next to the 18th, delicious!

As for the golf, absolutely loved it and will go again next year. Highlight was being stood about 2 yards from Sergio when he was in the trees!

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site
A colleague is going up today to watch tomorrow's golf. He is friends with one of the competitor's dad.
So everyone have their fingers crossed he makes the cut. The lad is only 16, Robin Williams. His middle name is Tiger, so there was no pressure on him becoming a golfer!

Currently at 1 over, so he has his work cut out.

He's on his way home for sure, shame......
But WOW what a tee shot on 18 to go out in style :thup:

BTatHome

Tour Winner
Visit site
Sky Golf hosting the event, having a channel dedicated to golf, have just seen a Brit drop an eagle to put him in 2nd place

.... end of broadcast!!!

Really?!?! Is this what they do when they have complete control over the broadcast ... of course probably coincided with the fact Rory had finished with a disappointing round that we've seen every single shot of!

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just come back. Fabulous day. Brilliantly well organised, the course looks great. Top advert for Close House and considering the money ploughed in I'm pleased for the place.

I saw some wonderful golf, do any of these lads not hit it purely? I didn't follow a group but stood at vantage points. There is a very good one behind the 10th tee which also puts you exactly where the 11th tee shots land so you see their second shots.

Don't bother following Rory and his group unless you are 6ft 5. If you want to see him plan two holes ahead, grab a spot and hold your place. So many good golfers to watch and learn from it's not worth spoiling the day trying to watch one player with difficulty.

Blimey they hit short irons high, sooooooooo high.

Johan Carlsson looks like Thor, his caddie, a lady, is beautiful. Those two are a sponsor's delight. He can play as well as look like a Norse God 😁.

Sorry Moogie, the Filly course is going to be rammed for the next 5 months. I won a round, costs £10, then went back and did the same again when I realised it would cost me £30 to pay for my son to join me otherwise. Brilliant deal but also spotted by every other golfer. They are crackers if they keep doing that all weekend.

Anyone thinking of going, do. Anyone lives near to next year's comp, go. Watching pro golf live is just brilliant, inspiring but perhaps a little dispiriting, but in a good way.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Further to add, my mancrush on Robert Rock has only increased further, top bloke.

Marcel Siem is cool. Very good but also very cool. Hit a gorgeous wedge shot today that had the nicest club / ball sound I've heard on a golf course.

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
I'm in the Lake District on holiday so won't be able to get there. I've played Close House twice & don't think I'd ever break 90 there. These guys are playing a course about 800 yards longer & shooting 63, 64, 65. Just shows the gulf between the average golfer & these pros.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I know it has to be used before April 22nd. I have a vague memory of some time restrictions, okay midweek and I think after 11 at weekend's. I need to double check but I don't remember thinking they were sneaky restrictions when I glanced at them.

Wayman

Tour Winner
Visit site
I notice it does say T&C apply but there not listed in all honesty I can see it only been midweek play only which for a 10a I'm not complaining

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I notice it does say T&C apply but there not listed in all honesty I can see it only been midweek play only which for a 10a I'm not complaining

I know, great deal isn't it? When I was there people were just buying the vouchers and not even bothering spinning the wheel. One bloke alone bought six vouchers without spinning.

shortgame

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Just come back. Fabulous day. Brilliantly well organised, the course looks great. Top advert for Close House and considering the money ploughed in I'm pleased for the place.

I saw some wonderful golf, do any of these lads not hit it purely? I didn't follow a group but stood at vantage points. There is a very good one behind the 10th tee which also puts you exactly where the 11th tee shots land so you see their second shots.

Don't bother following Rory and his group unless you are 6ft 5. If you want to see him plan two holes ahead, grab a spot and hold your place. So many good golfers to watch and learn from it's not worth spoiling the day trying to watch one player with difficulty.

Blimey they hit short irons high, sooooooooo high.

Johan Carlsson looks like Thor, his caddie, a lady, is beautiful. Those two are a sponsor's delight. He can play as well as look like a Norse God 😁.

Sorry Moogie, the Filly course is going to be rammed for the next 5 months. I won a round, costs £10, then went back and did the same again when I realised it would cost me £30 to pay for my son to join me otherwise. Brilliant deal but also spotted by every other golfer. They are crackers if they keep doing that all weekend.

Anyone thinking of going, do. Anyone lives near to next year's comp, go. Watching pro golf live is just brilliant, inspiring but perhaps a little dispiriting, but in a good way.

Echoes my thoughts, great event (much better yhan I expected) and great course to spectate given the slopes and all the mounds and the scoreability

My tips:

* 5th green - sit on the wall behind green

* 10th tee is fine but behind green is a nice spot to watch the balls come in and resultant chipping/putting

*12th tee - great view down the hole to watch them launch bombs between the pines, can really follow the ball and see the varying shot shapes

*13th - on the mounds to the right side of the green, par 5 so see some missiles come in and lots of birdies and some eagles

* 14th - near the green or by the left f/w bunker, great approach play and drama due to the water surrounding the green

It's quite hilly but looks a fun course to play and is obviously immaculate

Well worth a visit

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Why would you do that whe. You can win a round for 2, breakfast or even one with a lesson?

I had the same discussion with the lady on the stand. Made no sense to me but people were doing it on the way out, perhaps just tired and wanted to get home, and couldn't be bothered to wait. She shook her head as well.

I agree with all the tips from shortgame. I personally didn't bother too much with being at greens as watching a pro putt is purgatory for me but if that is your thing there are plenty you can get around to see a great view, the 10th being the prettiest imo.

Moogie, if you could get me one of the Masters bobble hats from your shop when they drop the price from £20 to a tenner that would be great 😁. Nice gear in the merchandise shop but blimey it was pricey and I can see a lot of British Masters 2017 logo marked gear being left on Sunday evening. There has to be a fire sale at some stage. (I'm a large in the polo shirts when they have 50% off as well 😀)