British Masters Thursday Sky Free Tickets

Depreston

Club Champion
Visit site
Do you just print the PDFs out? I've noticed on the event info part it talks about activating the ticket... but can only see a wristband option on the site and it doesn't recognise the number on the tickets... so this idiot is a tad confused

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
A friend is sorting me out a free ticket. He needed my DoB for it. That is a new one on me. I will take extra ID as I look far younger than my age :whistle:

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
My wife has just rung me after spending the day at the pro-am. She is not really into golf but a friend who has started playing invited her. She loved it, full of praise for the course and organisation. I will get a full de-brief tonight but if it is as well run as she described we will all have a great time. One good thing, she mentioned that there were lots of cars there but it was never cramped out on the course. Hopefully it is set up so that spectators have lots of vantage points and so spread out well.

Have a great day those going tomorrow, please pass on tips when you get back for those of us going later in the comp.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Who is going tomorrow
I know he there is
Me
Moogie
Richy
Snell
Beezerk

I'll be there.

First time I've ever been to a pro tournament, so really looking forward to it.

Would welcome any suggestions for getting the most out of the day. Is the best idea to pick a group and follow them for a couple of hours? Not going to follow Rory's group as am sure that will have the biggest crowd by far.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I did a mixture at the last one I went to. Sometimes you get to a really good hole and vantage point and want to stay. Then when your legs get stiff it's good to follow a group for a while. Go with the flow.

What time are you all getting there for?

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I did a mixture at the last one I went to. Sometimes you get to a really good hole and vantage point and want to stay. Then when your legs get stiff it's good to follow a group for a while. Go with the flow.

What time are you all getting there for?

Getting the bus up from Central Station just after 9. Forecast looks decent.

Anyone with a bad back, don't do the Leap of Faith challenge in the Bridgestone tent. I did it last night, and my back has sore today! On the plus side, they are giving out free caps to everyone who tries the nearest the pin challenge on their simulator.

As mentioned on another thread, the wheel of fortune is well worth doing. It costs a tenner but you are guaranteed a prize, the worst being a round on the Filly course.

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site
anyone got info on parking.

I can't find anything thats 100% clear. Some say information will be updated closer to the event and others say parking is limited.

Parking is in fields opposite the normal entrance
Take the A69 west
Come off at heddon on the wall
It's signposted on the A69
Then just drive through the village
Close house is just over a mile past that exit
The parking is on the right just past the close house entrance

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
The missus said there are signs everywhere telling you where to park. She said it was very well organised. Follow the directions as described, A69 etc then follow the official signs. Just a short walk from the car park to the course.

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ha ha definitely not possible as when he turned up at CLS last year 😂

Or worse still when he played Newbiggin in a team open and fell down a hill
He started drinking again on the 2nd after his 1st drive of the day was about 120yds right of the fairway

Thing is.....we won...!!.....and had to give him a share of the winnings

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
We're stopping in wylam tonight, not sure whether to drive up tomorrow morning. I've heard it's a good atmosphere up there!

First time at a tournament, can't wait!