British Masters Thursday Sky Free Tickets

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Watched quite a bit on tv today. Different perspective on tv but I saw more holes so that was good.

Amazing from Karlsson considering he couldn't hit a fairway. Hatton was like a spoilt 16yr old today. Moaned about everything. Even the commentators were getting embarrassed by it. He needs to get his head right for tomorrow.

Shot of the day, Ashley Chesters with a stunning tee shot on the 9th , a short par 4, that he nearly holed.

Weather is likely to get feisty tomorrow so anyone from 10-15 players could win.

D

Deleted member 15344

Half hour into Sky “live” coverage and so far it’s not just been Roe dribbling on and highlights from yesterday

Why if all the players are nearly on the course are they not just showing the live golf going on ? They have the rights etc so just show the golf FFS !

shortgame

Tour Rookie
Visit site
There didn't seem to be many cameras there at all Thurs or Fri (compared to at the Open) so I'm guessing only a few holes plus a few groups get covered

It is very annoying that groups are out there playing and we can't watch

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Really not sure who I fancy for this now.
I had a small bet on Fitz before it started.
Still got a chance but I'm not confident.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
For those that have been, what are the greens like? They look ropey on TV. Bobbly and slow and definitely not what the players are used to on tour.

shortgame

Tour Rookie
Visit site
The greens seemed OK to me, fairly smooth and medium quickish but the course is very wet which is probably a factor

They're certainly not as fast or smooth as you'd see on the PGA tour

There's quite a lot of slopes and swales on the greens which the tv doesn't really pick up, the course ifself is far hillier than appears on tv

D

Deleted member 15344

I’m glad the course isn’t perfectly manufactured like they get in the US - it makes them work for scores , the greens are soft so shoold help them throwing the ball to the pin

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
For those that have been, what are the greens like? They look ropey on TV. Bobbly and slow and definitely not what the players are used to on tour.

It's late September, early October, in the UK and we have had a lot of rain this last week. Last night it belted down around a lot of the area, not sure if that included the course. Bound to make the greens soft and so pitch marks, indents etc will happen.

As has been mentioned the course is hilly, the greens very undulating so razor short grass would make them silly. Saying that, play the course when the weather is good and there is nothing slow about the greens. 3 putts in summer are not uncommon.

If you played that course next week I'm sure you'd rave about the greens. I've played both courses there and they are both superb. Any player moaning is getting into prima Donna territory.

D

Deleted member 15344

Brilliant round from McIlroy- prob going to be a shot short but very close to finding his form

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
He managed to keep it up for two rounds as well. I'd have thought his manager would have had a word on Saturday night after watching the tv coverage. He won't be having sponsors rushing to his door acting like that.

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
The biggest bell end I've ever seen or heard

New public enemy no1

i agree. he's such a tool. every shot he missed or putt that didn't drop he had an excuse. he's like one of those spoilt private schools kids you wanna punch in the face