British Masters 2019: Hosted by Tommy Fleetwood @ my golf club :)

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Ask him if you take food/drink in with you please. Can't find anything on the website and have tweeted them but had no reply. Cheers.
He has replied. You can take a packed lunch but no alcohol. He didn't mention non alcoholic drinks so they may be okay if the seal is still in tact. Saying that to avoid carrying weight, and having no hassle, I'd be tempted to take food only in and just buy drinks when you are in there. It might be £2 for a bottle of pop but you wont be drinking gallons of it so take that one on the chin.

Garush34

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My lad has just sent a snapchat across. £50 for an umbrella :eek::eek::eek::eek:. I know it is raining there today but I hope people choose to get wet rather than pay that. Absolute banditry.

Had to do this at the Open in 2015 at St Andrews, the wife wanted to get a brolly as it was starting to rain so I said lets go to the shops instead of the merch tent, hopefully will be cheaper. Spent £40 on one and it stopped raining 5 mins later, luckily I have had use out of it since but wasn't pleased at the time.

Marshy77

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
He has replied. You can take a packed lunch but no alcohol. He didn't mention non alcoholic drinks so they may be okay if the seal is still in tact. Saying that to avoid carrying weight, and having no hassle, I'd be tempted to take food only in and just buy drinks when you are in there. It might be £2 for a bottle of pop but you wont be drinking gallons of it so take that one on the chin.

Cheers. Thanks for that. I did think it would be the same as The Open.

Not sure we'll be drinking many soft drinks ;):LOL:

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Fair point. He did say alcoholic drinks were a definite no go so over priced beer in a plastic pot it is then :D. He has sent plenty of pictures over and the course looks great. He has a had a top day

Enjoy your two days there (y)

elmoag

Club Champion
Visit site
My lad has just sent a snapchat across. £50 for an umbrella :eek::eek::eek::eek:. I know it is raining there today but I hope people choose to get wet rather than pay that. Absolute banditry.[/QUOTE

Ha I saw that today everyone comments on it as they go past but to be fair I did see a few out on the course so some people must be prepared to spend a lot more On a brolly than me.
Great course be surprised if there is not some really low scoring though now it’s soft and the rough is not that bad.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I expect its the only space in the calendar to fit it in, but isn't a bit early to have a tournament in the UK?

not sure what its like down there, but its baltic here today, will be digging out my barber and wellies to walk the dogs later.

xreyuk

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I expect its the only space in the calendar to fit it in, but isn't a bit early to have a tournament in the UK?

not sure what its like down there, but its baltic here today, will be digging out my barber and wellies to walk the dogs later.

It was cold and wet, but the weekend looks significantly better.

D

Deleted member 16999

This time last year Southport had temps between 15-18 C, this week it’s 8-10 until the weekend.
Probably thought it was a good idea when they chose it. 😂😂

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
This time last year Southport had temps between 15-18 C, this week it’s 8-10 until the weekend.
Probably thought it was a good idea when they chose it. 😂😂

more than likely there will be no gloves, bobble hats, snoods, quilted jackets to be had in the area by today;)

i quite like it when the corseted pro's have to play the same conditions you normal UK golfer puts up with 52 weeks of the year;)

D

Deleted member 16999

more than likely there will be no gloves, bobble hats, snoods, quilted jackets to be had in the area by today;)

i quite like it when the corseted pro's have to play the same conditions you normal UK golfer puts up with 52 weeks of the year;)
Weather up to 16 -18 degrees by monday/tuesday..............when it’s finished.

Still looking forward to it though, hopefully be a great comp on a great course.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
If anybody gets bored of watching the pros bomb it, there's a persimmon and blades meet going on a bit further up the coast at Fleetwood GC tomorrow where you could drop by to see some old school distances. ;)

hairball_89

Club Champion
Visit site
In this day and age the ET's website really is naff at updating scores

Fixed that for you!

Not sure if this has been covered, but can anyone confirm whether they've changed the layout at all from normal as they did at Walton heath last year with the composite course? I think I've read somewhere they're playing 18th as the first and finishing on the regular 17th?

*TQ*

Club Champion
Visit site
Managed to print a course map including walking route last year for Walton Heath but can't find an equivalent for Hillside can anyone point me in the right direction?