British Masters 2019: Hosted by Tommy Fleetwood @ my golf club :)

Marshy77

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Amazing weekend, really enjoyed it. Course looked immaculate, stunning views on certain holes and some really good holes to sit on.

Walked the course on Sat and then spent time sat on the 16th Par 3 watching the final 10/12 groups coming in. Long hole and not many managed to hit the green. Awesome shot from Ramsay. Went to get a drink and stopped to watch the tee shots and were stood near Radar who was commentating on that group. Live on air he said '220+ into the wind and Ramsay has stepped away 3 times now' off air 'just hot the bloody thing will ya' Ramsay's shot lips out - on air 'well done on stepping away - he did right'. Brilliant.
Sunday we sat on the Par 3 10th for a while, tough hole to make a birdie on, not many made from what we saw. Walked down 11th and you had to avoid being hit by the drives on 11 and 17!! Balls flying all over the place. Spent more time sat on 17th waiting for eagle/birdie opportunities but again not many made them.
Really enjoyed it, crowds were fantastic both days, drink/food was as expected £5.50 a pint/£7.50/8.50 burger, very easy to watch to golf, great places around the course to chill out and take it all in and the transport to and from the course was excellent.
Like some have said Wallace is little like Hatton in that his toys get thrown at every opportunity. Saw him on 15 on Sat when went in the bunker and then off the green, had a strop and another time he was having a go at his caddie for a wrong yardage, shame he hit his putter down a few times on the 18th. Disappointing to see. If Westwood could putt he'd have finished a lot higher.
Think 17th is possibly my favourite hole on the course, the view from the tee just out of this word and the approach to the green is fantastic. 7th is a really nice hole too and 16th is just impossible for me lol.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Wallace blew that tournament purely through his emotions,if he had stayed calm he would have won.

Him and Hatton are volcanos waiting to erupt at any given moment,if they don’t learn to calm down it will cost them for sure.

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site
And it's back at Close House, in my neck of the woods, next year, hoste by Clint Westwood.

Why though??.....I don't really get this

To me it shows a lack of vision by the European tour

I thought this tournament was relaunched to highlight, or showcase, golf and great courses throughout the British isles
So, to return to a previous venue, just 3 years after already hosting, just doesn't seem right??
Surely there were other tour players that could host and take this event to a course in Scotland, Ireland, Wales??

Thought this years venue looked outstanding

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
Why though??.....I don't really get this

To me it shows a lack of vision by the European tour

I thought this tournament was relaunched to highlight, or showcase, golf and great courses throughout the British isles
So, to return to a previous venue, just 3 years after already hosting, just doesn't seem right??
Surely there were other tour players that could host and take this event to a course in Scotland, Ireland, Wales??

Thought this years venue looked outstanding
I suppose that it's up to the sponsors who put up the prize money to decide. I've heard that CH are negotiating a 5 year deal. Since the Great North Open stopped its the only time the European Tour comes to the North East. I'm pleased because I was on holiday & missed the last one. Interesting to see the pros tearing apart a course I find far too difficult.

Marshy77

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I suppose that it's up to the sponsors who put up the prize money to decide. I've heard that CH are negotiating a 5 year deal. Since the Great North Open stopped its the only time the European Tour comes to the North East. I'm pleased because I was on holiday & missed the last one. Interesting to see the pros tearing apart a course I find far too difficult.

Are there any Travelodge/Premier Inn's near Close House? Looking at getting the weekend tickets now and then booking the hotel when the dates are released for the hotels.

The thing I don't understand is the date that they have chosen - 2 week after the Open.

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Are there any Travelodge/Premier Inn's near Close House? Looking at getting the weekend tickets now and then booking the hotel when the dates are released for the hotels.

The thing I don't understand is the date that they have chosen - 2 week after the Open.

They have rooms in a couple local pubs, you could try
The ship inn, and the black bull, both at wylam
There's also b&b called the iron sign, walking distance away from close house
Or a b&b not many know about, on heddon banks, heddon on the wall.....again, walking distance from close house

Few miles further away, the Robin Hood inn