British Masters 2019: Hosted by Tommy Fleetwood @ my golf club :)

Marshy77

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If anyone hears of any tickets going for the Sunday to get into the 18th grandstand would you let me know. I need 3. Missed out when they were released!

*TQ*

Club Champion
Visit site
So who's going this week then? I'm going to be there Sunday, any tips from people who know the course? Good spots to head to? I'm looking forward to it, not been to live golf on the weekend before as I normally like watching it on the telly.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
My son is gonig tomorrow to the Pro-Am. He is going to be deluged, I hope it drains well.

As per TQ, good vantage spots?

The back 9 holes are pretty much self-contained so you may only see 1-2 holes maximum.

Back of the 3rd green or off to the left of the 3rd fairway may see you see 2-4 holes getting played at any one point or only a short walk away to see tee offs, 2nd shots, putting out. Maybe also behind the 6th green to see 6th approaches, tee offs on the par 3 7th and same for the 8th at a stretch.

Marshy77

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The back 9 holes are pretty much self-contained so you may only see 1-2 holes maximum.

Back of the 3rd green or off to the left of the 3rd fairway may see you see 2-4 holes getting played at any one point or only a short walk away to see tee offs, 2nd shots, putting out. Maybe also behind the 6th green to see 6th approaches, tee offs on the par 3 7th and same for the 8th at a stretch.

Cheers Pete.

Going for the weekend and was thinking about the best places to see the action. Got tickets for the Grandstand on the Sunday.

Visit site
Not sure about best vantage points but I’m off on Sunday, I’ll walk the full 18, at some point, then just watch whatever comes along. I’ve been invited by a couple of members who are friends of a mate of mine and we’re playing the course the following day. Never played Hillside and I’m pretty buzzing about playing the course set up of the final days play. I think we got passes for the club house as well.

Bucket list ticked. 👍🏻

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Not sure about best vantage points but I’m off on Sunday, I’ll walk the full 18, at some point, then just watch whatever comes along. I’ve been invited by a couple of members who are friends of a mate of mine and we’re playing the course the following day. Never played Hillside and I’m pretty buzzing about playing the course set up of the final days play. I think we got passes for the club house as well.

Bucket list ticked. 👍🏻

had the joy of playing Forest of Arden the morning after the English Open was played there one year, apart from the constant noise of scaffolding coming down it was a great experience playing it as it was set up. makes you realise how bad it can be to miss the wrong side at their level!

D

Deleted member 15344

Bucket list ticked. 👍🏻

I have played Woburn a few times after Pro Events , played Dukes after the Travis Perkins and it’s was great , then played the Marquess just after the Masters - now that was tough but really weird with the stands. Toughest played was the day after the ET Qualifying finished at Frilford Heath - greens were mental

Enjoy - Hillside is a quality course

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Cheers Pete.

Going for the weekend and was thinking about the best places to see the action. Got tickets for the Grandstand on the Sunday.

Ive given the best vantage points to see a few holes in one go, but a must is to get up on the 11th tee - a true piece of golfing heaven, and close to the green of the par 3 10th. Walk the 11th fully, as well. One of golfs great holes. Raised tee and teeing off into a valley with a fade being ideal. If you get in position A, probably need a long draw. The fairway is in a valley, and the bunker front or side right is verrrrry deep. Walk the whole hole, starting at the tee.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Ive given the best vantage points to see a few holes in one go, but a must is to get up on the 11th tee - a true piece of golfing heaven, and close to the green of the par 3 10th. Walk the 11th fully, as well. One of golfs great holes. Raised tee and teeing off into a valley with a fade being ideal. If you get in position A, probably need a long draw. The fairway is in a valley, and the bunker front or side right is verrrrry deep. Walk the whole hole, starting at the tee.
Totally agree a great hole.
Can’t wait for this love watching golf on courses I’ve played

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site

Bucket list ticked. 👍🏻
Enjoy it. It's a fantastic course and a definite must play. I imagine those greens will be interesting the day after. No idea what they'll get them running at

Marshy77

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Think we'll do most of walking the course on Saturday and then, like we did at the Open, pick a couple of holes during Sunday and watch from there before going to the grandstand for the finishing groups.

Can't wait, loved Birkdale and this looks just as good (visually).

Couple of nights out in Southport too. Happy days.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
My lad is sending loads of pictures over today. Course looks excellent but the rain has kept it quiet. He is having a great time, easy viewing.

I sent him to the 11th, as per Stu's recommendation, and he agreed that was a good shout.

Marshy77

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My lad is sending loads of pictures over today. Course looks excellent but the rain has kept it quiet. He is having a great time, easy viewing.

I sent him to the 11th, as per Stu's recommendation, and he agreed that was a good shout.

Ask him if you take food/drink in with you please. Can't find anything on the website and have tweeted them but had no reply. Cheers.

Garush34

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hope to catch some of this on the TV over the weekend. It early I know but does anyone know if its likely to be at Hillside again next year or next years venue?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
My lad has just sent a snapchat across. £50 for an umbrella :eek::eek::eek::eek:. I know it is raining there today but I hope people choose to get wet rather than pay that. Absolute banditry.

Marshy77

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My lad has just sent a snapchat across. £50 for an umbrella :eek::eek::eek::eek:. I know it is raining there today but I hope people choose to get wet rather than pay that. Absolute banditry.

That's why I asked about food. They released details about the different stalls and I'd imagine a cornish from the cornish pasty stall will be at least a fiver!