British Masters 2019: Hosted by Tommy Fleetwood @ my golf club :)

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
European Tour schedule now up.

There's a few blank weeks - week before the Masters, most notably but 1st impression is they've done a good job. And a few TBC's in terms of events and venues.

Quite a few big events now moved to September and October, after the US season finishes in august. This could be a very good move and potentially draw very big fields from Mid September to end of October

Schedule from Sept 22;
Wentworth
Dunhill Links
Open de Espana
Italian Open
French Open
Portugal Masters

D

Deleted member 15344

European Tour schedule now up.

There's a few blank weeks - week before the Masters, most notably but 1st impression is they've done a good job. And a few TBC's in terms of events and venues.

Quite a few big events now moved to September and October, after the US season finishes in august. This could be a very good move and potentially draw very big fields from Mid September to end of October

Schedule from Sept 22;
Wentworth
Dunhill Links
Open de Espana
Italian Open
French Open
Portugal Masters

Craig Connelly has tweeted about the move of the French Open

French Open has gone from a Premium Event, to a Rolex Event, to a Ryder Cup Venue to... limited field (because of daylight) event played in the middle of October. 😔

It’s been replaced by the event in Abu Dhabi

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Good to hear it will be back on the schedule. Not sure what the issue is if not a lot of the big names are there. There are plenty of good players to watch, some players like to play the week before a major so there is a chance one or two will play.

Long as mike Lorenzo Vera is playing I’ll be watching

I don’t think there is a more smartly dressed golfer in the world

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
This feels a bit double edged to me. Great that its still going and chuffed with host and course, the downside of the timing (week before a major) is that it may well be the final nail in the coffin and this really will be the last one

Such a shame they couldnt find a decent week for this tournament and a longer term sponsor

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Fantastic that the British Masters is continuing and a fantastic course to host it on. Shame about the scheduling and no doubt it'll impact the quality of the field. I think the ET need to sit down and decide whether they want this event and then find a proper home for it.

Wolf

Visit site
Glad to see it back on the calendar, lots of people saying its terrible news because of timing etc due to a large number of the higher profile players won't play. there'll still be plenty of good players to watch in the field opens up opportunities for others to play and if the USGA hadn't moved the PGA which I still can't my head around watching that in May and no major in august then it wouldn't have been an issue

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
Craig Connelly has tweeted about the move of the French Open

French Open has gone from a Premium Event, to a Rolex Event, to a Ryder Cup Venue to... limited field (because of daylight) event played in the middle of October. 😔

It’s been replaced by the event in Abu Dhabi

Fair enough points. However the bottom line is that with the majors all condensed into 3 and a bit months, and the entire US season basically being mid April to End August, there is probably even less point in trying to have it around its usual spot at the end of June.

Previously you would get some American based Europeans coming over and playing the French, then either the Irish or the Scottish, prior to the Open. Less room in the schedule for that now. Graeme McDowell being a noteable one who liked to play the French Open, and was successful there, and obviously also playing the Irish Open as his home competition.

However, inevitable that there would be some casualties with the changes and it is potentially attractive from a field point of view for sponsors to have events outside of the US season that they can attract a few big American based players to.