Britain is overweight.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Then YOU explain why the majority of people in Britain are overweight.
It never used to be the case, so let's hear it.
I feel sure you have no answer.
I don't need to explain it as it's so obvious. You know the answer, I know the answer and I guess almost everyone knows it. If it concerns you then either do something about it (other than talking about abstract hypothesis) or accept it as a symptom of people's diet.

phillarrow

Visit site
Clearly, Peter Atkins, retired Oxford professor doesn't know what he's talking about.
He links the 2nd Law (entropy) with the start of all life and the end of all life on Earth.
He wasn't the only one. Isaac Asimov is another.

It is simply not possible for that reply, with the quotes from my statement, to have come from anybody who isn't either completely on the wind up, or genuinely unable to understand English.
Either way, I'm out! ? I'm off to do the lotus position and contemplate the randomness of particles in hippos! ??

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
I think one thing we can be 100% certain about. The laws of thermodynamics haven't changed to cause people to get fat.
Certainly not entropy related either! Inertia might be involve though - failure to get off arses and exercise, even simply by meandering around a golf course!

Last edited:

stefanovic

Medal Winner
Visit site
Just the man I've been waiting for to explain what inertia is.
Can't wait to hear it because it has puzzled scientists for centuries.

Just as I expected, like the people who represent us in government, you don't want to talk about the fat crisis.
Okay, so like them let's brush it under the carpet.

In response to the people who say "But I like food!", don't you want to be healthier, happier, and on the whole live longer?

It's still your life and your choices, but remember there is always a price to be paid.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My theory is that people are overweight now due to technology. I grew up in the 70's and 80's in a one parent household, living with my brother and my dad. There was a chip pan in the house, full of oil, for homemade deep fried chips. The freezer contained Findus crispy pancakes, waffles, pies etc. On Friday nights we'd go to see my mum and get takeaway fish and chips. The biggest difference between then and now is how much technology has progressed. Back then a Spectrum 48k computer with rubber keys was as advanced as it got. Kids were outside playing not sat indoors on I Phones, PS4's or XBox's. There's no secret to not being overweight. You can eat as many calories as you like. As long as you are active enough to burn off 1 more calorie than you take in then you won't put on weight.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
If you smoke to much, you know the possibilities of later life problems including death.
If you drink to much, you know the possibilities of later life problems including death.
If you eat to much, you know the possibilities of later life problems including death.

If you do not understand this when you are an adult, being fat, drunk, of stinking of an ashtray is the least of your problems.

We on this forum are adults, we know what we are doing.We all know the risks. Some of us do occasionally do Sin.
However I am firmly of the ilk that “ all things in moderation“. except in my case double bogeys.

stefanovic

Medal Winner
Visit site
My theory is that people are overweight now due to technology.
Go along with that.
To expand on this, here is a question.
Why do we have legs?

Firstly, let's dispel the evolutionary idea that humans evolved to walk, then walked to evolve further.
That might have been the case up to the invention of the wheel.
Then humans found that legs became progressively more redundant when it came to finding food.
Why should you walk to the shops when you have a car?
Then humans employed professional dog walkers.
Now they get meals delivered straight to their front door.

Secondly, let's dispel the notion that walking helps keep the heart healthy.
Legs have even been described as the 2nd heart because walking helps the heart with the circulation.
Yet the body contains vestigial organs such as a tailbone and it's only a matter of time before the legs shrink too with new technology to help the heart.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Go along with that.
Why do we have legs?

Firstly, let's dispel the evolutionary idea that humans evolved to walk, then walked to evolve further.
Then humans found that legs became progressively more redundant when it came to finding food.

Legs have even been described as the 2nd heart because walking helps the heart with the circulation.
Yet the body contains vestigial organs such as a tailbone and it's only a matter of time before the legs shrink too with new technology to help the heart.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Thanks for today's contribution of your daily utter twaddle!

D

Deleted member 15344

Go along with that.
Why do we have legs?

Do you have a hobby

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Go along with that.
Why do we have legs?

Have you been watching Wall-e for your ideas?

469AD227-262C-45A1-B3CF-305B6C76EB80.jpeg