Fat Burning Soup Diet

D

Deleted member 1740

At the end of the day, it is usually cheap and convenient to eat unhealthily.
At some point a compromise is required in terms of meal prep, spending more on healthier meals that are still convenient or exercise.

I'd say in the long term its cheaper than eating fast food/processed meals. Frozen veg is just as nutrtious as fresh stuff.

Preparation includes your shopping habit, i buy most of my chicken and pork from Costco, portion it into bags and freeze. Before i go to bed i take out a bag of whichever we're having for the next days tea and let it defrost over night.

I've started taking my dinner with me to work and havent had a pie or fast food meal at dinner time for nigh on 16 weeks.

Drink plenty of water and cut out the fizzy crap and you'll be right.

Good luck OP 👍

D

Deleted member 1740

I suppose - I'm not a big fruit lover though and I find the portions of them small anyway and not particularly satisfying. I may try that one or two days of the week and see how it goes.

I do exercise over the week as I mentioned earlier. I'm just saying when people say they manage to avoid bread and pasta, I just wouldn't know where to start with that myself.

It's actually easier than you think.

I love bread especially the fresh bloomers etc and could easily eat 7-10 slices of bread a day, breakfast/dinner and tea time.

I have 1 piece of brown granary every week now and i enjoy it more than rifling through a loaf of warburtons etc.

I'm not a lover of Pasta anyway but ive jibbed that along with rice and potato's and i don't miss it.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
It's actually easier than you think.

I love bread especially the fresh bloomers etc and could easily eat 7-10 slices of bread a day, breakfast/dinner and tea time.

I have 1 piece of brown granary every week now and i enjoy it more than rifling through a loaf of warburtons etc.

I'm not a lover of Pasta anyway but ive jibbed that along with rice and potato's and i don't miss it.
As I said though, I can't just stop eating lunch. Would need to replace it with something daily.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I am a calorie counter and exercise dieter, about the only two things that get really cut out are sweets and wine except for weekends.

Last major loss was 4 stone in a year. I

I am firm believer in losing it little and often and aim to lose no more that 2 lbs in a week.

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I started football again at the start of the year, joined https://www.manvfatfootball.org/Home/Registration

Absolutely love it, one 30 minute match per week, with a weigh in before hand. If you lose weight you earn 0.5 goals for your team and this is then taken into account with the final score on the pitch score. You'd be surprised how motivated you feel when you know your teammates are relying on you losing weight to help the team. Worth considering instead.

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Boiled eggs and ham for breakfast.
Soup and / or a chicken salad at lunchtime.
Chicken breast / veg / sweet potato for dinner.

Snacks
fruit, Yoghurts, wee bit of dark chocolate, popcorn, ricecake and peanut butter etc.

Drinks
Water, coffee, tea, diet coke

Making a schedule like the above for every day of the week is a great method of eating well, losing weight and getting fitter. With some light exercise done every other day you'll be onto a winner. Like Rooter says, a tiny bit of dietary planning alongside regular exercise is a sound basis for all long term weight loss and fitness.
Well done for taking action. But...

Don't take the following negatively I've crossed out some things from your list above as I think you're making some common diet mistakes.

Potatoes should not be eaten daily. Relegate them to once a week either the day before or the meal after intensive exercise.
All fruit is high in sugar, don't load up on it. Strawberries have comparatively less sugar so the good news is strawberries and cream can be on your weekly treat list.
Yoghurts, there's so much sugar in most yoghurt it's ridiculous. Anything that's labelled as "low fat" has had sweetener added. Natural "High Fat" greek yoghurt is a good treat to have.
Ricecakes: low nutrional value, high sugar, high price cardboard rubbish. Just eat the peanut butter out of the jar with a spoon. Embrace the guilty pleasure of nut butter, it's a very comforting treat. :)
Diet Coke... Good God, man! Stop! Fizzy Water with a dash of lemon or lime juice if you miss the feel of soft drinks but get rid of all soft drinks and energy drinks and all that rubbish. Your body will thank you.

Sugar isn't totally evil but there's a lot of it in every day foods. You don't need to go to the extremes of low carb but just be aware of what's actually in the stuff you eat.

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Making a schedule like the above for every day of the week is a great method of eating well, losing weight and getting fitter. With some light exercise done every other day you'll be onto a winner. Like Rooter says, a tiny bit of dietary planning alongside regular exercise is a sound basis for all long term weight loss and fitness.

Don't take the following negatively I've crossed out some things from your list above as I think you're making some common diet mistakes.

Potatoes should not be eaten daily. Relegate them to once a week either the day before or the meal after intensive exercise.
All fruit is high in sugar, don't load up on it. Strawberries have comparatively less sugar so the good news is strawberries and cream can be on your weekly treat list.
Yoghurts, there's so much sugar in most yoghurt it's ridiculous. Anything that's labelled as "low fat" has had sweetener added. Natural "High Fat" greek yoghurt is a good treat to have.
Ricecakes: low nutrional value, high sugar, high price cardboard rubbish. Just eat the peanut butter out of the jar with a spoon. Embrace the guilty pleasure of nut butter, it's a very comforting treat. :)
Diet Coke... Good God, man! Stop! Fizzy Water with a dash of lemon or lime juice if you miss the feel of soft drinks but get rid of all soft drinks and energy drinks and all that rubbish. Your body will thank you.

Sugar isn't totally evil but there's a lot of it in every day foods. You don't need to go to the extremes of low carb but just be aware of what's actually in the stuff you eat.

Haha! A lot of sense in this. The 'low fat' yoghurt thing particularly winds me up.

The best way to cut down on all the hidden nasties is to make things yourself. This doesn't cost more (in my experience), but it does take time. I've just made my breakfast and lunch for work tomorrow and it took 20 minutes. It's a pain, but that way I know exactly how much salt and sugar I'm eating, and I'm omitting the other processed junk that will be in the 'meal deals'.

And exercise is a wonderful thing, but the human body is too efficient for it to be a good weight lose strategy.

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site

Ha. Fair comments, but you should see the stuff I normally eat.

It’s like the bit in Kevin Bridges routine where the PT rips him for eating fruit for breakfast and he thinks well I usually have a Terrys Chcolate or a Peshwari Naan and Nutella.

Diet Coke has very little nutritional value, i.e v little sugar or fat or calories. It’s not going to put weight on me and not like I’m tanning 2 litres a day.

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Diet Coke has very little nutritional value, i.e v little sugar or fat or calories. It’s not going to put weight on me and not like I’m tanning 2 litres a day.

So if it has no nutritional value what’s the point of consuming it? You’re drinking something you don’t need, doesn’t that contradict the desire to lose weight by improving nutrition?

Breaking habits is hard but it’s an essential part of all diets and improving nutrition. Try giving soft drinks up for a couple of weeks, it’ll save you money and the only thing you’ll lose is weight. It’s win win.

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
So if it has no nutritional value what’s the point of consuming it?

I enjoy it and it’s certainly not harmful or detrimental to my health like a lot of other foodstuffs.

I live to eat, you obviously eat to live.

No doubt you’re a fair bit healthier than me, but I get a lot of pleasure out of food and so it’s a constant battle for me to not consume too much of the wrong foods, or even the right foods.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
So if it has no nutritional value what’s the point of consuming it? You’re drinking something you don’t need, doesn’t that contradict the desire to lose weight by improving nutrition?

Breaking habits is hard but it’s an essential part of all diets and improving nutrition. Try giving soft drinks up for a couple of weeks, it’ll save you money and the only thing you’ll lose is weight. It’s win win.

Eat to live rather than live to eat.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site

Because it's nice. It's not as easy as just cutting everything out that's bad. I enjoy food and drink, and it just so happens that all the best tasting ones are bad for you. I couldn't cut it all out altogether, it would actually feel quite pointless to be alive if all I consumed was salad leaves and water. Cutting out Coke altogether is tough, but going from Coke to Diet is going to be easier, and still beneficial to reduce your sugar intake. Obviously better to cut out altogether but we have to have some pleasures in life.

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Eat to live rather than live to eat.

cote de boeuf with hollandaise...check
fresh english asparagus...check
jerseys with good butter and salt...check
diet coke....er...not so much...

Excuse my faciteousness, but in all seriousness, training yourself to enjoy food that is not sweet/salty/processed is probably an important part of changing the relationship with food that leads to being overweight. I'm not saying that it's easy, but it can be done. And once done, it's done. After all, most people don't like ale or unsweetened wine the first time they drink it. Same with taking tea or coffee without sugar after a lifetime of having it. If one considers sweet, industrial products as A Good Thing, it makes losing weight in the long term pretty tough.

Marshy77

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm making the same old mistakes with food but have tried recently to definitely watch what I eat and since coming back off holiday have tried to start doing some form of exercise everyday, be it a 20 minute HIIT at home 3 times a week, 1-3 mile walk with the dog on an evening, the (very)occassional game of golf. My sister is trying to do the same so it's good to have a bit of competition to get you going.

One thing I did notice is how much sugar there is in things like the oat so simple sachets!! Jeeez, some of the flavours are ridiculous.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm making the same old mistakes with food but have tried recently to definitely watch what I eat and since coming back off holiday have tried to start doing some form of exercise everyday, be it a 20 minute HIIT at home 3 times a week, 1-3 mile walk with the dog on an evening, the (very)occassional game of golf. My sister is trying to do the same so it's good to have a bit of competition to get you going.

One thing I did notice is how much sugar there is in things like the oat so simple sachets!! Jeeez, some of the flavours are ridiculous.
Was going to mention sugar. I installed this calorie tracker app the other day, and it asked what other thing you want to monitor on the main screen, so I picked sugar. It's amazing how many things have bloody sugar in. Say if I drink a smoothie at lunch, which I usually do as I don't eat a lot of fruit otherwise, and that has about 35-40g of sugar. Same as a can of coke! Maybe a necessary evil as it's naturally occurring from the fruit, but then it still takes up 80% of the daily sugar allowance they've offered me!

Box of pasta for lunch - 7g of sugar. Bag of vegetable crisps - 9.6g of sugar! Sugar is flipping everywhere.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
A ketosis diet is not a fad. It’s based on sound science. It’s not dangerous at all if done properly. It’s not supposed to be long term. And it can really help people to suppress their appetite long term.

D

Deleted member 1740

Natural sugars are ok, its all the stuff with loads of added sugar you need to avoid.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Your body doesn’t care if it’s natural sugar or added sugar. It can’t tell the difference. That’s way too simplistic a way to think of it.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Your body doesn’t care if it’s natural sugar or added sugar. It can’t tell the difference. That’s way too simplistic a way to think of it.
Perhaps to put it another way, the sugars in fruit are kind of necessary evil because they come with the benefits of eating fruit. Whereas sugar from fizzy drinks etc come with no benefits.