Boris the PM - a new beginning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
I think some are over the top but, although you might not agree, you are extreme in some your views too. You, at times, simply express extreme views. And, occasionally, some comments back at you are not undeserved. Your lickspittle cabinet comment when you couldn't name the cabinet members, their track record or political leanings was hugely disappointing. Whatever brickbats you took for that were well deserved. You have so much to offer a debate when you debate, e.g. GATT24, but there's a difference between debating passionately and debating emotionally.

Decry their politics by all means but do it based on facts and the truth. Is Johnson a liar? That's a matter of fact. Does he lie about everything? Probably not. Do I trust him? Definitely not. Should he be PM? Yes, because he went through the process required to choose the leader of the party currently in power. That doesn't mean I want him as PM but it does mean I recognise the process has legitimacy.
While I agree with much of of this and SILH has withdrawn the comment, there's anpther side to not being able to name many of them - and that's that, apart from Raab, Gove and Rees-Mogg they are anonymous - and JRM's major presence of any newsworthiness (relaxing across 3 seats of the front bench) was a dire one! Sajid Javid and Priti Patel haven't been very noticeable and only Leadsom and Cox are names I'm familiar with as 'experienced'! So 'lickspittle' or 'sycophant' doesn't, to me, seem too harsh - at least not in the context of this thread! This Cabinet is all about single-focus Boris who actually intends - and has stated so in The Commons - to disband this Cabinet asap (prior to a GE)!

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
I did withdraw that...on your quite appropriate admonition.

Indeed I hear this morning that there are disagreements in the cabinet over what to do next - though a #10 spokesperson denies that any such disagreements exist.

Just to pick up on your last point about disagreements in Cabinet but a spokesperson denies. I wish I had a € for every time there's been an up and down, blood on the walls, disagreement in a meeting but to those outside the room they've only ever seen a united front. Its what management teams do. Think May touched on it, "collective responsibility."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cabinet_collective_responsibility

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Just to pick up on your last point about disagreements in Cabinet but a spokesperson denies. I wish I had a € for every time there's been an up and down, blood on the walls, disagreement in a meeting but to those outside the room they've only ever seen a united front. Its what management teams do. Think May touched on it, "collective responsibility."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cabinet_collective_responsibility

Seems like we've got a bit of both. Try and get an agreement and try and get a GE :)

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Smells a bit of double standards to me because of the amount of posts he makes, people play the poster as it’s easier at times.
Some people simply cut and paste Twitter posts with no added comments, or bring Diane Abbott in to a thread when ever there is talk about numbers or use derogatory names about Sturgeon etc.
I look forward to these people having their motives or posting style questioned.

Well said Sir.
I find the Diane Abbott posts quite offensive as I can't help thinking that there is something a bit deeper behind them.
I do hope I am wrong.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
I take the piss out of Diane abacus because she’s so unbelievably dumb!

I hope your not thinking of doing a “Lammy”

Harsh.

I don't like her or her politics. I also think she's a racist. However, if you have a look at her constituency record and especially the work she's done on mental health initiatives she's actually quite good.

I also believe she's been promoted to her level of incompetence, which is why she comes across as a muppet.

D

Deleted member 16999

I take the piss out of Diane abacus because she’s so unbelievably dumb!

I hope your not thinking of doing a “Lammy”
No she’s not, yes she’s made some political gaffes, but certainly not dumb.
A History degree from Cambridge, set up Childrens charities to improve education standards, won Human Rights Awards and been invited to lecture at Universities around the world, including Harvard.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
No she’s not, yes she’s made some political gaffes, but certainly not dumb.
A History degree from Cambridge, set up Childrens charities to improve education standards, won Human Rights Awards and been invited to lecture at Universities around the world, including Harvard.

And a massive racist to boot. She really is a treasure. 👍

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Shamelessly stolen from FB;

If Boris Johnson, David Cameron and Rees-Mogg are the product of Eton their parents were well ripped off on the school fees front. :ROFLMAO:

Sorry but it just tickled my sad sense of humour.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
While I agree with much of of this and SILH has withdrawn the comment, there's anpther side to not being able to name many of them - and that's that, apart from Raab, Gove and Rees-Mogg they are anonymous - and JRM's major presence of any newsworthiness (relaxing across 3 seats of the front bench) was a dire one! Sajid Javid and Priti Patel haven't been very noticeable and only Leadsom and Cox are names I'm familiar with as 'experienced'! So 'lickspittle' or 'sycophant' doesn't, to me, seem too harsh - at least not in the context of this thread! This Cabinet is all about single-focus Boris who actually intends - and has stated so in The Commons - to disband this Cabinet asap (prior to a GE)!

I thought I did rather well by being able to name about 10...plus DomCum.

Though I am much worse with the Shadow Cabinet - and listening to DAbbott this morning on Today - oh dear that lady does not in me inspire any confidence whatsoever.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Shamelessly stolen from FB;

If Boris Johnson, David Cameron and Rees-Mogg are the product of Eton their parents were well ripped off on the school fees front. :ROFLMAO:

Sorry but it just tickled my sad sense of humour.
Whie I appreciate the wit, I'd suggest it was probably a great investment though, given earnings/wealth of at least 2 of them!

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
I thought I did rather well by being able to name about 10...plus DomCum.

Though I am much worse with the Shadow Cabinet - and listening to DAbbott this morning on Today - oh dear that lady does not in me inspire any confidence whatsoever.

You named more than me, although I'm guilty of looking them up on a regular basis.

BTW, I agree with many of your opinions, I know you're shocked, just not the way you often express them. The theme is often right, just put out there in a very black and white extreme way.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
You named more than me, although I'm guilty of looking them up on a regular basis.

BTW, I agree with many of your opinions, I know you're shocked, just not the way you often express them. The theme is often right, just put out there in a very black and white extreme way.

My greatest shock is that so many seem to be in almost complete denial over Johnson as an individual and the games he; his ministers and his advisors are playing with the public and the UK as a whole.

It's a bit as if so many of the Johnson-loving/supporting Leave voting public being an addict unable to accept their addiction, and the damage being done to themselves and others now and in the future. Unfortunately the addict does not come out of denial into acceptance until they hit their rock-bottom.

Over the last three years there have been plenty of occasions that that rock-bottom realisation could have come about - but it is not happening and I don't actually see how and when it can come about. I just can't see what the rock-bottom can be in the addiction so many seem to have with Johnson.

So at the moment he is telling us to applaud him for coming up with a deal that puts a border between NI and rUK. An internal border that breaks an absolute pledge that he made to NI Unionists and the Conservative and Unionist Party - and that has the potential for triggering Loyalist unrest in NI - and - let's not forget - the friends of Loyalist NI in other parts of the UK. But that seems to matter not a jot to Johnson - yet we are asked to applaud him for getting a Deal...and so many do.

See also his not signing the Extension Letter. We seem to have a great swathe of Leave voters adamant that because he didn't sign it then it's not from him - even although the letter actually states that it is from the Prime Minister of the UK. But nope - because Johnson didn't actually sign it then it's not from him and so he's not breaking his promise to not request an extension. Do any of these folks ever use Email? Oh yes - it might be my Email address on that Email you have but because I haven't actually signed the Email, then I didn't send it? Just nuts!

And so we will continue to get more of what we have had...especially what we have had since he became PM.

Desperately disappointing - but simply how I see Johnson...he just should not be Prime Minister

Last edited:

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
My greatest shock is that so many seem to be in almost complete denial over Johnson as an individual and the games he; his ministers and his advisors are playing with the public and the UK as a whole.

It's a bit as if so many of the Johnson-loving/supporting Leave voting public being an addict unable to accept their addiction, and the damage being done to themselves and others now and in the future. Unfortunately the addict does not come out of denial into acceptance until they hit their rock-bottom.

Over the last three years there have been plenty of occasions that that rock-bottom realisation could have come about - but it is not happening and I don't actually see how and when it can come about. I just can't see what the rock-bottom can be in the addiction so many seem to have with Johnson.

So at the moment he is telling us to applaud him for coming up with a deal that puts a border between NI and rUK. An internal border that breaks an absolute pledge that he made to NI Unionists and the Conservative and Unionist Party - and that has the potential for triggering Loyalist unrest in NI - and - let's not forget - the friends of Loyalist NI in other parts of the UK. But that seems to matter not a jot to Johnson - yet we are asked to applaud him for getting a Deal...and so many do.

See also his not signing the Extension Letter. We seem to have a great swathe of Leave voters adamant that because he didn't sign it then it's not from him - even although the letter actually states that it is from the Prime Minister of the UK. But nope - because Johnson didn't actually sign it then it's not from him and so he's not breaking his promise to not request an extension. Do any of these folks ever use Email? Oh yes - it might be my Email address on that Email you have but because I haven't actually signed the Email, then I didn't send it? Just nuts!

And so we will continue to get more of what we have had...especially what we have had since he became PM.

Desperately disappointing - but simply how I see Johnson...he just should not be Prime Minister
You are incapable of seeing anything posative about Boris so why not just say so and leave it rather than repeatedly pouring out the same old retoric. Give us a break, I could post similar about Corbyn but whats the point.

Status
Not open for further replies.