Boris the PM - a new beginning

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Come on Chris, the guy is moaning about SILH posting about Boris on a Boris thread, for any faults he he may or may not have, the answer everyone else normally gets is “if you don’t like the posts or thread you don’t have to read it”

Paul, if SILH is entitled to voice his opinion on Boris surely I'm entitled to have an opinion on SILH?

D

Deleted member 16999

Paul, if SILH is entitled to voice his opinion on Boris surely I'm entitled to have an opinion on SILH?
Only on a SILH thread ;)

Mate, you might be a 100% correct over SILH, I was more pointing out the fact someone moaned at him for talking about Boris on a Boris thread.(y)

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
Predicting which way the electorate will finally vote is like knitting fog. The polls currently put Labour in a worse position than when Michael Foot was leader (another far left leader?) but polls are only snapshots in time, and its clear how well Labour did in the last campaign. Can they do it again? To a certain extent they don't have to. As you say, the LibDems are on the rise, and the Brexit party will harvest some of the traditional Tory votes. I'd also expect the Tory gains in Scotland will all but disappear.

Another hung parliament? Probably, and with the SNP expected to return around 50 seats, a Labour/SNP alliance?

I don't think we will see a Labour / SNP alliance - English votes for English laws will make this very impractical in reality.

Also - both parties have ruled it out and I think there is almost nothing to gain from the SNP sitting on the government benches or having any formal confidence and supply mechanism. SNP will argue they don't have to give or concede anything for a Scottish Referendum as they already have several democratic mandates from the Scottish electorate.

However, if Labour were to propose a fair chunk of their manifesto in terms of taxation and domestic policy, I think they would find plenty of common ground with the SNP - more so than any other party. Depending on the numbers, they could be negotiating with both SNP and Libs over every bill they proposed... I think the Lib Dems will be extremely bad at that and will oppose Corbyn for the sake of opposition and give up any realistic chance of influence. The SNP will be more practical to try and get things done. Swinson seems to be adopting an 'angry, shouty' persona at every turn. Not one of compromise or consideration.

But ultimately... while those kind of numbers might swing the Brexit question back to in favour of Remain, it's unlikely to settle it and in reality parliament will continue to be consumed by it for years, rather than months.

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
TBH i can't see there being a single Tory MP in Scotland< with RD gone that was the only thing that got them seats last time.

some libs may gain the the traditional LD area's, but once the SNP advertise Jo Swinsons Voting record with the Tory's she will be gone...;)

I reckon they'll have a decent chance of winning 2 out of the 3 borders seats. Mundell has been clinging on for years as a useless Scottish Tory who loved the office, even if he had no influence, and would be good to see him get his ass finally handed to him now that he's out of Government.

East Ren is an interesting one. Labour for years (Jim Murphy) - voted SNP in the 2015 landslide, then went Tory with a reasonable majority in 2017.
Big pro remain area and pro Union area - but in the land of domestic policy this should be a rock solid Tory seat with a 5 figure majority.

Maybe a chunky Lib Dem vote and could give it to the SNP on a close vote.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Just love that I get attacked personally for simply expressing my views on the subject matter of a thread. For as long as what I consider to be deceits our PM perpetrates continue, I may choose to point them out. He is Prime Minister for all of us. But if any wish to continue attacking the messenger then feel free.

Last edited:

Wolf

Visit site
Just love that I get attacked personally for simply expressing my views on the subject matter of a thread. For as long as what I consider to be deceits our PM perpetrates continue, I may choose to point them out. He is Prime Minister for all of us. But if any wish to continue attacking the messenger then feel free.
Talk about a rose tinted glasses view of your own posts.. In all the threads about politics you don't merely talk about the the subject matter, you personally attack Boris with pedantic name calling, inaccurate facts and some absolute tripe, one that springs to mind is where you constantly named called Boris derogatory terms and in the same thread posted about your grandads view of people like him and Churchill during the 2nd World War as to why you thought the way you did about him when you called out on this, you instead of replying to the factual information put to you, went back to petty name calling of Boris again. Those posts are why you've been singled out and why a lot of posters when they read what you wrote about the political subject matters only get as far as the first line before rolling there eyes and thinking here we go again.

Granted this thread is about Boris I give you that but sometimes in other threads perhaps stop and think before you post petty comments and try to add to the
Debate properly..

What was Balotelli used to say, "why always me" 🤷‍♂️

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site

I think some are over the top but, although you might not agree, you are extreme in some your views too. You, at times, simply express extreme views. And, occasionally, some comments back at you are not undeserved. Your lickspittle cabinet comment when you couldn't name the cabinet members, their track record or political leanings was hugely disappointing. Whatever brickbats you took for that were well deserved. You have so much to offer a debate when you debate, e.g. GATT24, but there's a difference between debating passionately and debating emotionally.

Decry their politics by all means but do it based on facts and the truth. Is Johnson a liar? That's a matter of fact. Does he lie about everything? Probably not. Do I trust him? Definitely not. Should he be PM? Yes, because he went through the process required to choose the leader of the party currently in power. That doesn't mean I want him as PM but it does mean I recognise the process has legitimacy.

D

Deleted member 16999

Talk about a rose tinted glasses view of your own posts.. In all the threads about politics you don't merely talk about the the subject matter, you personally attack Boris with pedantic name calling, inaccurate facts and some absolute tripe, one that springs to mind is where you constantly named called Boris derogatory terms and in the same thread posted about your grandads view of people like him and Churchill during the 2nd World War as to why you thought the way you did about him when you called out on this, you instead of replying to the factual information put to you, went back to petty name calling of Boris again. Those posts are why you've been singled out and why a lot of posters when they read what you wrote about the political subject matters only get as far as the first line before rolling there eyes and thinking here we go again.

Granted this thread is about Boris I give you that but sometimes in other threads perhaps stop and think before you post petty comments and try to add to the
Debate properly..

What was Balotelli used to say, "why always me" 🤷‍♂️
Smells a bit of double standards to me because of the amount of posts he makes, people play the poster as it’s easier at times.
Some people simply cut and paste Twitter posts with no added comments, or bring Diane Abbott in to a thread when ever there is talk about numbers or use derogatory names about Sturgeon etc.
I look forward to these people having their motives or posting style questioned.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Smells a bit of double standards to me because of the amount of posts he makes, people play the poster as it’s easier at times.
Some people simply cut and paste Twitter posts with no added comments, or bring Diane Abbott in to a thread when ever there is talk about numbers or use derogatory names about Sturgeon etc.
I look forward to these people having their motives or posting style questioned.
thats a great idea;)

Wolf

Visit site
Don't disagree with you, but I was merely replying to the person who made the last post..

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Think you .... 'Should have gone to SpecSavers' 🤓🤓
Former statement still very accurate.... guess you must have some sort of filter.
I read and understood your post perfectly, no eyesight problems. Your post is rather loaded so I guess my reply has to be 'guess you must have some sort of filter' 🙄

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I think some are over the top but, although you might not agree, you are extreme in some your views too. You, at times, simply express extreme views. And, occasionally, some comments back at you are not undeserved. Your lickspittle cabinet comment when you couldn't name the cabinet members, their track record or political leanings was hugely disappointing. Whatever brickbats you took for that were well deserved. You have so much to offer a debate when you debate, e.g. GATT24, but there's a difference between debating passionately and debating emotionally.

Decry their politics by all means but do it based on facts and the truth. Is Johnson a liar? That's a matter of fact. Does he lie about everything? Probably not. Do I trust him? Definitely not. Should he be PM? Yes, because he went through the process required to choose the leader of the party currently in power. That doesn't mean I want him as PM but it does mean I recognise the process has legitimacy.

I did withdraw that...on your quite appropriate admonition.

Indeed I hear this morning that there are disagreements in the cabinet over what to do next - though a #10 spokesperson denies that any such disagreements exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.