Boris the PM - a new beginning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
..and there we have it.. Voted by nearly 100k toris and getting ready to take the UK out of EU at all cost by halloween.... presenting BoJo the PM.
I cant wait for the wise words that he is going to speak. Will we get the 'smart, clever and wise' Boris or will he continue his BoJo the Buffoon Foreign Secretary role? I am all excited.

Will he appoint May back as Brexit secretary... What will happen to the Bus?

Raising a toast to our glorious future

Wolf

Visit site
I'll wait and judge him on how he performs as pm.
I'm not interested in how unpopular he is on social media tbh.
100% agree with this statement.

What's gone in the past with him now and his social media persona now becomes irrelevant, its what he does going forward that matters. His first speech wasn't to bad it was never going to involve a lot of political policy only a thank you for a chance to deliver and that work begins.

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site
What's gone in the past with him now and his social media persona now becomes irrelevant, its what he does going forward that matters. .

Are you suggesting his failings as FS should be swept under the carpet? Along with the promises he failed to deliver... Some he even did the complete opposite to what he advised was his intention...

Wolf

Visit site
Are you suggesting his failings as FS should be swept under the carpet? Along with the promises he failed to deliver... Some he even did the complete opposite to what he advised was his intention...
I'm suggesting it time to look forward not backwards because we cannot change what's gone on before but only affect what happens going forward.

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm suggesting it time to look forward not backwards because we cannot change what's gone on before but only affect what happens going forward.

All I can see is a trail of failure behind him with the strong likelihood of a trail of failure before him... And, that is partly of my knowledge of failing a constituent who sought his help... Despite a promise of help he didn't...

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Well, I look at you this morning and I ask myself: do you look daunted? Do you feel daunted? I don't think you look remotely daunted to me.

This is like a classic three-parter - building to a crescendo. I have a wee feeling that there was maybe supposed to be a pause after the first daunted - to allow the adoring acolytes to respond with a resounding NO! And likewise after the second daunted - another resounding NO! With thunderous roar of approval as he rounded the triplet off.

Or maybe he thought that that might be a bit too Trumpian.

I'm utterly horrified but perversely very delighted that he has got the job. Short may he reign.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
He was allocated 10min for the 'acceptance speech'. I get you aren't a fan but honestly what did you expect a new manifesto? He did what was required no more no less.

In your opinion. I expected him to speak with a bit of authority, confidence and gravitas. I might not be his greatest fan but I did expect him to sound like a statesman, not a bumbling 6th former.

Am I sold on him? No. Do I want him to fail? Hell no! He's the best of a bad bunch, and I'll take that till someone decent sticks their head above the parapet.

Status
Not open for further replies.