Books - what are you reading just now?

• Thread starter Deleted Member 1156
  • Start date

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
the stranger in the lifeboat by Mitch Albom.

A book ultimately about faith , if your a believer or not it doesn’t matter as it’s a very good read.

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm reading Scattershot by Bernie Taupin.
Great fan of Elton John but never knew much about BT. Saw him on Graham Norton - what an interesting guy.
His book doesn't disappoint, some great stories written with such flair. Lots of words I never knew existed!

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Anyone read the Master and Commander Aubrey/Maturin novels?

Just watched the film and wondered if the books are worth a read.
I tried but couldn’t get into them. Loved the film but the books fell flat to me. The film is a mixture of three of the books if I remember rightly.
Horses for courses.

I really really enjoyed them - and read the full series at least twice. Read them long before the film was done - and thought the film was a reasonable representation. I thought the books were the best of the 'historic navy' genre (eg Hornblower, Bolitho, Ramage etc)

Norrin Radd

Tour Winner
Visit site
I bought Alice Cooper's golf monster three days ago, great read very interesting and being an Alice fan was very much into how he started out .both in rock and golf .
It is currently being sent to Lord Tyrion as he has expressed a wish to read it . I'm sure when he has finished with it that he can pass it on to another who would like a good and interesting read .

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I bought Alice Cooper's golf monster three days ago, great read very interesting and being an Alice fan was very much into how he started out .both in rock and golf .
It is currently being sent to Lord Tyrion as he has expressed a wish to read it . I'm sure when he has finished with it that he can pass it on to another who would like a good and interesting read .
Have started the audiobook. Very enjoyable and entertaining so far.