Books - what are you reading just now?

• Thread starter Deleted Member 1156
  • Start date

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Finished Day of the Triffids by John Wyndham early in the week. More a nostalgia thing really as it was one of my O-Level books xx years ago. Still enjoy it but it’s not going to blow you away. Similarly, I quite like picking up the odd Neville Shute book now and again. They won’t tax you, and their style is clearly dated now but they’re easy reading.

Finished The Guardians by John Grisham a few days back. Probably closer to being back to his best, published in 2019, after a few lacklustre books.

Now part way through A Sparrow Falls by Wilbur Smith. It’s probably my 6th-ish reading of the trilogy that starts with When the Lion Feeds. Smith has written countless books, many centred on Africa, including prequels to the Courtney family history, some of which you can’t but down till the wee small hours. If you only pick up one Smith book, make it When the Lion feeds.
I too enjoy an occasional Wyndham or Shute book, easy reading and always good. I add to these two Innes and MacLean…for good adventure tales, and Robert Heinlein for sci-fi. And by me just at the moment is When the Lion Feeds…as suggested 👍