Books - what are you reading just now?

• Thread starter Deleted Member 1156
  • Start date

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
Just finished The Dark Tower septology (plus 1 extra) by Stephen King. My God, it's a weird slog but worth it.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I bought Alice Cooper's golf monster three days ago, great read very interesting and being an Alice fan was very much into how he started out .both in rock and golf .
It is currently being sent to Lord Tyrion as he has expressed a wish to read it . I'm sure when he has finished with it that he can pass it on to another who would like a good and interesting read .
Finished this a couple of days ago. It got a bit boring tbh, he came across as somewhat full of himself (understandable I suppose) and a lot of the golf stuff towards the end was like a non-stop advert for Callaway.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Finished this a couple of days ago. It got a bit boring tbh, he came across as somewhat full of himself (understandable I suppose) and a lot of the golf stuff towards the end was like a non-stop advert for Callaway.
Just finished this, thanks to @Norrin Radd . Some good stories, clearly an interesting life. His ego though 😳. Mahooosive 😄. I lost count of the number of 1sts he lays claim to..........Not shy about blowing his own trumpet.

Anyway, a good read and as per the concept started by Norrin, if the next person who would like to read it says so, on this thread, then I'll post it to them.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Just finished this, thanks to @Norrin Radd . Some good stories, clearly an interesting life. His ego though 😳. Mahooosive 😄. I lost count of the number of 1sts he lays claim to..........Not shy about blowing his own trumpet.

Anyway, a good read and as per the concept started by Norrin, if the next person who would like to read it says so, on this thread, then I'll post it to them.
One thing I found strange - he talks at great length about his alcohol addiction, but there is absolutely no mention in the book of his cocaine addiction. He is quite happy to discuss other folks drug use, but he denies using himself. The book was written in 2007, but it was years later before he finally admitted being a cocaine addict.

Interesting read here.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
One thing I found strange - he talks at great length about his alcohol addiction, but there is absolutely no mention in the book of his cocaine addiction. He is quite happy to discuss other folks drug use, but he denies using himself. The book was written in 2007, but it was years later before he finally admitted being a cocaine addict.

Interesting read here.

That's interesting. As you say, he is keen to say he never had anything to do with drugs 🤔. Seems odd when he talks consistently about his alcoholism. Maybe he sees some sort of moral difference between the two 🤷‍♂️

RichA

Visit site
The Silent Patient.
Great reviews and an interesting concept so I bought it.
Hard work to read - like it was written by somebody following a formula they learned on a creative writing course. One of those books you force yourself to finish because you paid for it.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
The forgotten Highlander by Alistar Urqhart. What a heartbreaking personal story that is.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Picked up my books for holiday (cannot get on with a Kindle). Nice mix of trash and classics I have not read.

Could do with something more on the funny side, any recommendations.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Martin O'Neil's biography, interesting stuff.
He certainly moved in impressive areas.
Managed very badly by Clough and very well by Bingham .
He also found it very hard to get his first management positions.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Anyone wanting to read the Alice Cooper book, Golf Monster, please let me know. I'll post it to you, then you do the same for the next person.
Bit of an odd question - who was the actress whose name AC said you should say to yourself when hitting a golf ball? Short first name on the backswing, long surname on the way thru.

It was a decent tip, but I went to the range today and couldn’t remember her name for the life of me. It really bugged me!

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Bit of an odd question - who was the actress whose name AC said you should say to yourself when hitting a golf ball? Short first name on the backswing, long surname on the way thru.

It was a decent tip, but I went to the range today and couldn’t remember her name for the life of me. It really bugged me!
I've quickly skimmed the book and apparently Johnny Miller told him 'Cindy Crawford' was the name to say during the swing. That sound right or do I have to keep going 🧐