Books - what are you reading just now?

• Thread starter Deleted Member 1156
  • Start date

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Just finished The Bean Trees by Barbara Kingsolver. Excellent story told with humour of a young woman rising above adversity, with caring and gentle rage against injustice and prejudice set across the landscapes of Oklahoma and Arizona.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I never read books - but the 1st one for many many years "What really happened in Wuhan" I'm not far in but China can't be allowed to get away with this!

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
And Away...

Bob Mortimer's autobiography.

Read half of it in one day, it's great stuff. He is a natural storyteller.
If you want more Bob than I'd highly recommend the Off Menu podcast with James Acaster and Ed Gamble, the Bob Mortimer episode. As you state, a wonderful storyteller, it is an hour and a half of pure joy.

RichA

Visit site
Re-reading Carl Hiaasen's Skink series having just read his latest release. Quality un-American, American satire.

D

Deleted member 1147

Just restarted reading the Bond books;
now on Moonraker. The worst film but best book.

D

Deleted member 1147

Did you not see Never Say Never Again?
The best Bond but the worst film.
I’ve seen them all, many times.
Never say never again isn’t actually an official Bond film. Just a remake of Thunderball.
Also, it’s nowhere near as bad as Moonraker.

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Getting back into cycling again after a 15 year hiatus, so re-reading David Millars autobiography. An excellent read for anyone with even a passing interest in the sport, really throws a different light on the doping issue and makes you realise how black and white it really isn't.

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Finally got my paws on John Connolly's-A Time Of Torment-one of the recommended Charlie Parker series, by someone on here- so no doubt it'll be great;)
Still trying to get through 'Landslide-The final days of trump' and also 'All Out War-The full story of how BREXIT sank Britain's Political class'
They confirm ( in my mind at least ) that both TRUMP and JOHNSTON are paranoid headcases, and should be in psychriatic institutions!!:rolleyes: