Books - what are you reading just now?

• Thread starter Deleted Member 1156
  • Start date

Beedee

Assistant Pro
Visit site
OOPS- SORRY-- wrong thread,...should have said -have started on 'The Curious Incident Of The In The Night-Time' by Mark Haddon.
V.interesting premis, having an Aspergers syndrome lad as the hero -good so far and so logical
Great book. And if life ever returns to normal and they put on another staging, I'd thoroughly recommend the play of the book. Saw it a couple of years ago and was the best bit of theatre I've ever seen. Really captures the feeling of Christopher being overwhelmed by sensation overload.

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Great book. And if life ever returns to normal and they put on another staging, I'd thoroughly recommend the play of the book. Saw it a couple of years ago and was the best bit of theatre I've ever seen. Really captures the feeling of Christopher being overwhelmed by sensation overload.

Excellent sumnation Beedee. ---'and if life ever returns to normal' ( whoever thought would we would ever be saying that in the 22nd century?)

D

Deleted member 1147

Just finished Len Deighton's Berlin Game, so I thought I'd move onto the next Bernhard Sampson book, and read Mexico Set.

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Following recco's on here, I'm reading Robert Harris-Dictator / Yannis Palaiologos-The 13th Labour Of Hercules and....just to lighten the mood ; Adam Kay-This is Going To Hurt.
Looks like I'm in for another all nighter, sitting up-I really must try reading one at a time:whistle:

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Bill Bryson, Notes from a Small Island. I realise I'm late to this party but better late than never. Very funny, well observed book. It raised many a smile and a chuckle.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Bill Bryson, Notes from a Small Island. I realise I'm late to this party but better late than never. Very funny, well observed book. It raised many a smile and a chuckle.

Choosing a seaside B and B to stay in without his wife's help was very funny.
One without a counterpane of course.

I recently finished the latest Ian Rankin book......superb.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Choosing a seaside B and B to stay in without his wife's help was very funny.
One without a counterpane of course.

I recently finished the latest Ian Rankin book......superb.
Funnily enough, my next book is an ian rankin one.....

I thought he was very brave booking on spec each time, and very foolish as it frequently turned out ?. The book is not a good advert for b & b, definitely confirms my preference for Airbnb now. It's as much a travel guide for places to avoid as ones to visit, I like that.

NearHull

Visit site
Scott Turow. Presumed Innocent. I enjoy courtroom drama. This is the first of his that I have read. I will be searching for others. I’ve read all ( I think) of John Grisham books of a similar vein. I recall Rumpole of the Bailey with very fond memories.

Amescher

Visit site
Scott Turow. Presumed Innocent. I enjoy courtroom drama. This is the first of his that I have read. I will be searching for others. I’ve read all ( I think) of John Grisham books of a similar vein. I recall Rumpole of the Bailey with very fond memories.
My friends who found out that I started playing golf recommended this book to me too.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Wilbur Smith Stonehenge. Having finished a number of Tom Clancy (read-alikes/same cast as he's dead!) and Bernard Cornwell ones.
Heavy going currently (early days, so still 'scene setting')
Might try a Grisham again after that, having gone off them a bit a while ago.

Miller

Visit site
Reading through the Jack Reacher books. Have most of them on my Kindle but haven't read all of them. A bit trashy, but I might as well get my money's worth out of them before I move on to new ones.

I highly recommend Bill Clinton and Robert Patterson's "The President's Daughter" - the best thriller I've read in years.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Finished The Midnight Library by Matt Haig last week which was very good, been trying to get into The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt since then and struggling tbh, it’s big and slooooow. Might put it aside and download a Alastair Reynolds sci-fi. Come back to Goldfinch another time.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Round the Bend by Nevil Shute. An old paperback copy that is falling apart with pages falling out…but I’ve still got them all…and it’s a really good read.

D

Deleted member 1147

Just finished Len Deighton's Berlin Game, so I thought I'd move onto the next Bernhard Sampson book, and read Mexico Set.
Really enjoying Mexico Set, only about an hour's reading to go.
Look forward the London Match next