Blow by blow account of round

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
Someone mentioned that after a good round 'You're going to get a blow by blow account over a beer?'

Does this actually happen? Do people really regale their playing partners with the story of a round that the poor recipient of the talk has just witnessed?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
That depends. I think 'blow by blow of the whole round' is just a figure of speech that over exaggerates things. You would certainly discuss highlights and lowlights, or comedic moments - perhaps where you couldn't laugh at the time due to the victim's mood, but you can look back and laugh on it now.

NearHull

Visit site
Someone mentioned that after a good round 'You're going to get a blow by blow account over a beer?'

Does this actually happen? Do people really regale their playing partners with the story of a round that the poor recipient of the talk has just witnessed?
I often played with a work colleague some years ago in Society Games who would always ask me how I played. I would reply something vague, such as quite badly/well/ averages etc and return the courtesy of asking him how his round went. He would then proceed to give me a blow by blow account. I started to avoid him!

NearHull

Visit site
It’s not just golf. I played with a member a week or so ago and met up before the round. I said to him, “Hi ****, I haven’t seen you for a while. How are you? 15 minutes later he is still telling me his tale of woe about his medical conditions - Is it me?

davidy233

Tour Rookie
It’s not just golf. I played with a member a week or so ago and met up before the round. I said to him, “Hi ****, I haven’t seen you for a while. How are you? 15 minutes later he is still telling me his tale of woe about his medical conditions - Is it me?
That's better than describing your round - I might be interested in an aquaintance's health - I'm not interested in someone else's golf - unless they develop the shanks mid round - then it can be funny.

Golfnut1957

Visit site
It was me that mentioned the blow by blow account in the "Poor Etiquette" thread. It was mostly tongue in cheek, predominantly because as hard as I try to steer the conversation back towards my valiant efforts on the course my mates just blank me. However I absolutely insist on whining about the two foot putt that I hit on the right line with perfect pace that bounced off the flag stick that I'm not allowed to remove.

davidy233

Tour Rookie
It was me that mentioned the blow by blow account in the "Poor Etiquette" thread. It was mostly tongue in cheek, predominantly because as hard as I try to steer the conversation back towards my valiant efforts on the course my mates just blank me. However I absolutely insist on whining about the two foot putt that I hit on the right line with perfect pace that bounced off the flag stick that I'm not allowed to remove.
Here's me starting a separate thread to discuss this important matter and not hijack the 'Etiquette' thread and you are straight in adding flag stick stuff - diabolical :mad:

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
If you ask one of my regular playing partners how his round went he’ll start telling you the yardage he had into each green and what club he hit. Seriously.

sunshine

Visit site
Just look at this forum. Some people go into blow by blow accounts of their practice rounds and range sessions, on a forum of strangers. What do you think they do when they meet people they know who actually ask them about their round? :LOL:

davidy233

Tour Rookie
Just look at this forum. Some people go into blow by blow accounts of their practice rounds and range sessions, on a forum of strangers. What do you think they do when they meet people they know who actually ask them about their round? :LOL:
People ask about other peoples rounds? My God do these people know what they are letting themselves in for?

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hardly say a word .. they put pen to paper because no one listens any way... everyone is just too wrapped in their own stuff to give a damn about others ... any way going to post on Instagram a picture of me looking hot in my pants

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site

Yes, sit back, nod along and help them wind it up quickly. If you play along it will usually be over quicker.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
There are a couple that will give you a blow by blow account of one hole. Usually the way they unluckily ran up an 11 on the par 4. Never seems to be about how they managed a rare birdie on SI for example.

Last edited: