Bifocals?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Thanks for the replies folks. Just to answer some of the queries/comments:

1) There is a huge difference in my short and long distance vision - I developed cataracts at a young age and have implanted distance lenses in both eyes, so I have zero ability to adjust for distance.
2) My varifocals are great for normal life, I get on with them in all other aspects, it's just for golf that they don't suit. In order to see the ball clearly at address, I have to lower my head to a point that interferes with my swing.
3) My varifocal lenses are top of the range...and bloody expensive! Thankfully, I have relative who is an optician so I get a really good discount. However, the point is, the issue is not down to low quality lenses.
4) I can't wear contact lenses because I've tried all sorts of brands and they just won't sit on my eyes - my astigmatisms are really pronounced in both eyes.

In short, my eyes are garbage! :rolleyes:

I do like the idea of a handheld lens, and don't know why I've never thought of that for reading the card/watch. (y)

I think I'll also talk with my cousin about it - maybe there is a change they can make to the position of the various focus points that would work for golf?
The handheld lens is an idea for me, as when I am playing with distance contacts I struggle to read the IG App on my phone and enter scores - so I don’t bother…always enter on screen in terminal.