Best used drivers which are forgiving for under £100?

AdamW

Visit site
Looking to replace my old big Bertha driver.

Want something which is forgiving and a max of £100 in second hand market.

If I only need to spend a little more to get a lot more performance happy to consider it.

Any recommendations please?

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Cobra drivers are underrated so you might find a fly z or f7 at that price.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/COBRA-KI...23cf322846:g:roIAAOSwBQ1eIepn&redirect=mobile

I had a Titleist 913, but having used a couple of sets of hire club sets on holiday (Taylor Made RBZ & Ping), I realised that the driver I had wasn't for me.
Bought a Cobra F6 off ebay, and the guy even threw in a free Cleveland wedge - all for £60.

I set the driver up with the weight at the back to begin with, but I now hit it more aggresively and have the weight forward for maximum penetration (as it's described in the set up).

Can hit it close to 300 yards if I hit a good one - I couldn't get anywhere near that with the Titleist.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Looking to replace my old big Bertha driver.

Want something which is forgiving and a max of £100 in second hand market.

If I only need to spend a little more to get a lot more performance happy to consider it.

Any recommendations please?
The Ping G25 is the one for you,as Homer said make sure you get the right shaft.
If your on Facebook go onto Marketplace and you will pick one up for 70-90 pounds.
The good news is if it doesn’t work you can sell it for the same price.
Nothing to lose

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Whatever Ping G-series you can afford. I sold my G30 SF Tec for £110 last year so they're probably available for 100 if you look on ebay. Very forgiving driver, I only sold due to upgrade and got fitted for the G410.

People saying M2 but I find TaylorMade drivers a bit overly fadey when I've tried them.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Whatever Ping G-series you can afford. I sold my G30 SF Tec for £110 last year so they're probably available for 100 if you look on ebay. Very forgiving driver, I only sold due to upgrade and got fitted for the G410.

People saying M2 but I find TaylorMade drivers a bit overly fadey when I've tried them.
whats wrong with a fade??

if its good enough for Brooks and Dustin etc its good enough for me:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Chrisb83

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Mizuno jpx ez original version black and orange colour.

Love mine about the only driver I don't slice for some reason. Not the longest but easy to keep straight.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
whats wrong with a fade??

if its good enough for Brooks and Dustin etc its good enough for me:ROFLMAO:
Note the word 'overly'. :p I can fade any drivers but the TM's seem to fade more than most. Could just be me obviously, although one of my mates said the same thing.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Note the word 'overly'. :p I can fade any drivers but the TM's seem to fade more than most. Could just be me obviously, although one of my mates said the same thing.

i would tend to disagree on the Fade bias, as Tm drivers on the whole are a bit closed... if you where saying ping, those to me (or at least the older ones) all look open, G2.5,raptor etc all looked way open to me.

i always drew the ball with everything, when i started lessons some 3 years ago, he got me to change to a fade off the tee... as he said you can talk to a fade but a hook won't listen:ROFLMAO:

he was right as far as i was concerned, i;ve now managed to take the left side out of play and hardly miss fairways again

AdamW

Visit site

I usually hit a draw so this is sold info thank you