Best two course venues that is n't one of the big boys!

D

Deleted member 17920

Sorry if I disagree but found YGT very hard to deal with when going to Northern France and having seen the set up at Find A Golf Break.com and the fact they do bespoke arrangements I would rate them above YGT all day long (and nominated for a world golf award as best outward tour provider 2019)
How have you seen the set up. Have you been to the office in Leeds?

Quite interested to know. I have just been to golfbreaks 2 weeks ago and it’s a very well organised operation.

Nominated for an award means nothing. It’s customer feedback that is everything imo.

D

Deleted member 1147

Sorry if I disagree but found YGT very hard to deal with when going to Northern France and having seen the set up at Find A Golf Break.com and the fact they do bespoke arrangements I would rate them above YGT all day long (and nominated for a world golf award as best outward tour provider 2019)

It's nice to know they do good outward tours...incidentally, what's an inward tour - is it one where you get to see their offices? Is that how you got to see their set up?

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Before I book any more holidays, I must see what the office set up is like at Easyjet, Ryanair, Thomas Cook etc.

Number of water coolers, outside cladding, kintergarten on-site, is the fag-break shelter covered etc - hope they dont have all of them, as all this is expensive "filigree" and will no doubt be passed onto the consumer.......

Last edited:

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Probably half an hour outside of your range but Carden Park in Cheshire could be a shout.

Had a great weekend there a few years ago, good golf and a very lively hotel bar until well into the small hours (no doubt helped by the fact that it was Chester Races and a wedding reception was also taking place). Breakfast was superb if memory serves me correctly.

Cant disagree with Enville as a choice though.

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
What are they like for getting you home again👍

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Before I book any more holidays, I must see what the office set up is like at Easyjet, Ryanair, Thomas Cook etc.

Number of water coolers, outside cladding, kintergarten on-site, is the fag-break shelter covered etc - hope they dont have all of them, as all this is expensive "filigree" and will no doubt be passed onto the consumer.......
This sounds like the travel operators equivalent of golf club car parks. I personally look at the quality of water coolers, and not quantity. Ones that give out cold water, and separate ice cold water, like Sunningdale, get top marks.(y)

Kennysarmy

Visit site
We had a team away weekend at Dartmouth. Quirky, and good fun..... and we were really well looked after!

I've got a price and it's pretty competitive - thanks.

Does anyone know how Dartmouth course handles any wetter weather as we're looking to go mid-October...

Beedee

Assistant Pro
Visit site
We did Breadsall Priory near Derby this year. Two courses, nice hotel and decent food. Drinks are dear, but we have 20% discount vouchers. You might want a buggy if you're used to Brickie tho.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
good shout... if the M5/M6 behave its two hours.....s t
I've got a price and it's pretty competitive - thanks.

Does anyone know how Dartmouth course handles any wetter weather as we're looking to go mid-October...

We only played the main course.... buggies are not a bad idea for the less fit! If you come via Torbay and over the Ferry, you pass Churston, thats worth a visit....

Sports_Fanatic

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Doesn’t have the hotel but Enville near Birmingham could be worth a look if you DIY it with a local hotel/b&b. Not sure you can play it on weekends without a member though.